Chapter Nine

My head raced with over the top thoughts as the car was tension filled, after getting home dad decided to take me to the doctors to check my arm and hand out after finding out I had landed on them after jumping out my window. I sat in the passenger seat and dad was driving as Luke was crammed into the back because there was thankfully no room up here. 

Dad kept his eyes on the road shooting me sympathetic looks every so often which I would ignore looking back out the window. It was an awkward filled tension and if any of us would try to make small talk it wouldn't help anything because I wouldn't talk. 

All the buildings that passed by, all the happy people with normal lives. Made it even more evident that they didn't have to deal with a fixated robot that their father had made just for them. 

It made me mad, sad, angry, flustered and so many other things that I couldn't even begin to name. I hated Luke and the way he tried to squeeze into my life and mess it up even more with his perfectness. Perfectness that was unwelcomed here and I never wanted to deal with, and I didn't want to deal with him either. 

We were nearing the hospital, as I watched paramedics leave the scene immediately with their lights flashing. I didn't know what it was but I prayed for who ever it was that might be having a worse day than I was.

I chewed on my bottom lip thoughtfully as dad pulled into an empty parking space before he was even fully parked Luke was out of the car and to my door in a matter of seconds faster than humanly possible. I didn't thank him or even look at him to show I aknowledged him. I felt bad for not saying thank you but I shrugged it off not caring though, he couldn't possibly take it to heart he not only didn't have one, but he wasn't even alive. 

I pushed past him hitting his hard brick like arm, hissing quietly as I made my way to where my dad was getting out of his side. 

He grabbed his car keys and gave me a small forced smile I knew it was because he didn't know what else to do, he probably felt guilty. I gave him a tight lipped smile and turned back around making sure to keep out of Lukes grip as he tried to wrap his arm around my waist protectively.

I think he knew that we weren't okay and that he got it through his head that I hated him so much so he was trying to be polite, and as gentlemanly as possible. I shied away from his touch as I walked speedily to the hospital doors. They opened automatically meaning less work for me as I went in to the cold AC white tiled room. It was big and there were blue plastic chairs around the waiting room and the desk that the assistants and staff were positioned at. I walked over to them knowing that Luke was right beside me and so was my dad on the other side.

The lady sitting at the front desk looked up at us, she looked to be in her early twenties so her eyes immediately went to Luke in interest. I wanted to laugh at her and tell her I hoped she enjoyed hard interior tin cans but decided against it because then she might think I'm insane. 

"How can I help you?" She asked to sweetly as she leaned forward to display her obviously noticable chest and the way her pink shirt had a deep v-line that went down showing more cleavage then I was comfortable with. 

She sure was pretty and that made me feel self concious about my looks. I know I wasn't good looking I absolutely hated how I looked and seeing someone pretty was like a shot in the stomach. Maybe that was why I stayed inside most of the time so I wouldn't pass all these good looking girls and get sad about how I looked.

"I need my girlfriend to get her arm x rayed or checked." He told her clearly uncomfortable about how the lady was being. I saw her eyes flash unwillingly to me as her smile fell, she looked me up and down of what she could see over the counter and was pleased that I wasn't exactly a threat in her eyes.