Chapter Seven

"Do you think life would be easier if you were human?" I asked Luke through the intense silence we had been in for the last twenty minutes holding each other. He looked down at me thoughtfully and nodded, his mouth parted open as if he were about to say something then closed it like he had changed his mind. My head rested on his chest that was moving up and down, but I didn't hear the heartbeat I was wanting to hear.

My arm was wrapped around his waist and his was wrapped around mine as well. I've always wondered what it was like to be curled up to a boy in bed and not only after sex -which I've never had- but to actually just talk and spend some quality time together.

"Yes I do, it would be so much easier to be with you." He said knowingly, and he was right it would be better, but since he was only mechanical I couldn't get any hopes, I couldn't have any feelings, no strings attached or I would get hurt. There was no trying to find a way around it, because in the end I will always get hurt. It would be better because than I wouldn't have to hate him, and wish that he was dead. I wouldn't have to deal with all of that and his never growing up it would be better and more simple and I could have a normal life.

"Yes it would." I replied sadly, and cuddled into him more, i'd regret this later I knew that much. I don't know what it was but I wanted to be closer to him at the moment, I didn't feel as disgusted by him as I had. Maybe it was because he was a human in some ways when it came to comforting someone and my dad wasn't good at it so it made him seem better in ways.

"I can't be what you want and it's killing me." He whispered he sounded like he was in so much pain at the very thought of it and my forehead crinkled up. I didn't like when people were hurting I was always the one to cheer people up in these kinds of situations. It could be because I knew what it was like to feel so completely broken, and sad, and out of control.

I knew he wasn't human, but he wasn't trash either, and I did take care of trash and he did seem to have feelings in some ways.

I popped my head up from his chest to look at him and his heart wrenching expression. Lukes eyes were closed and his face scrunched up as if he could cry, he would. He was attractive even for a robot, and it wouldn't surprise me if dad had been listening in on me from a spy bug when I was with friends describing the perfect boy and the perfect looks for one.

That could also be another reason why I detested the lad so much, because he looked exactly how I would want my future husband to look like and that was a tactic he could use to lure me in. I couldn't believe anything that came out of his mouth he could be manipulative and I wouldn't stand for that.

Though in ways I was being manipulative as it was currently, making him think I was giving it thoughts on wanting to be with him when all I wanted was his departure.

"Nothing lasts forever, nothing stays the same." I quoted a lyric of one of my favourite songs for him softly as I rested my head back down on him. He sighed sadly and his arm wrapped tighter around me almost cutting off my air supply. I didn't want to make my discomfort noticable because he already seemed to be in obvious mental pain and this would probably set him off if I was to try to pull myself away.

I was just glad that dad hadn't set a mood modilizer in him from what I know of, because than he could feel the hatred I felt in the air around him, but he seemed oblivious. Which I was grateful for. I bit my lip debating how I should get out of this mess. Now that I was fully concious of my emotions and I had control of them again I just wanted to get out of his arms.

I could just barely pick out the feel of metal under his latex or rubber arms, feel the way it wasn't human flesh, or feel the warmth they should have radiated. It was just hard metal and it wasn't something I enjoyed feeling. What was scary was how it actually felt like human skin, and it wasn't normal considering the fact that he wasn't even human. He was a robot and nothing more.