Ink x Passive!Nightmare

Warnings: mentions of Cream, Ink is a weirdo and a creep, Nightmare is severely uncomfortable, bus doesn't show up for a long time, Nightmare is even more uncomfortable, Nightmare is never going to ride the bus

Type: Platonic bittersweet

Words: 1,6k

Well, this is awkward. By the way, this is a modern au, kind of.

●●●

Ink stared at the blank canvas. He didn't have any ideas of what to paint, he should've just stuck to writing, but Ink decided to challenge himself with completing a painting today.

Ink definitely won't finish one today.

Ink looked out the window in his room, the sparrow that was sitting near quickly turned to look at him. Ink grabbed his pencil, maybe he should draw a bird.

The skeleton looks away, noticing a few of his paintings that featured birds. Ink pouts, he wants to do something... new and special.

With a sigh, he grabs one of his notebooks and his small case for his painting supplies. Ink needs to find inspiration, so that's why he decides to walk around until he finds something or someone that deserves to be painted.

Before Ink left his room, he stared at the blank canvas, he wasn't satisfied with the fact that he wasn't able to pain anything on it. However, Ink turns to leave, he will paint something later. No need to feel sad about some blank canvas.

It's not like he can even feel anything.

The artist shivers as he leaves his house, oh right, he forgot to dress warmly. Ink rolled his eyelights and opened his front door to take a warmer jacket and his iconic scarf. Ink seriously needs to do something about his memory, it's a good thing that Dream and Blue are there to remind him of important things, however recently they became more busy leaving Ink alone most of the time.

Ink didn't mind, he had more time to do stuff that he liked. After a while, Ink got bored and missed his friends, but he didn't want to bother them.

The sky was filled with clouds, creating a not so happy scenery. The outside didn't seem positive either, but Ink didn't really care as he was only looking for one thing.

Inspiration.

It's going to take some time, Ink knows that.

When Ink was walking around the city, he saw a bus stop. It wasn't anything extraordinary, it was just a normal, albeit a little old bus stop. But something caught his attention.

A skeleton was sitting there, reading an old looking book with a calm expression. They didn't seem to care about what was happening around them, or atleast that's what Ink thought based on their expression. There wasn't anyone sitting next to them and instead, they were standing.

Ink tilted his head as his eyelights changed, that person looked interesting. Ink needed to draw them! They deserve it, they look so calm near the crazy and loud people.

Without any fear, Ink strolled to the bus stop to sit next to the person who inspired him to draw. As he sat down, the person looked up with a confused expression, but Ink only smiled at them, trying to appear friendly. Although, Inks smile is not the best since he wasn't able to practice with Dream or Blue for some time.

As a minute or two passed, Ink had quite a lot of ideas already. Words were easily flowing to Inks nonexistent brain as poems wrote themselves, a little bit later he imagined writing a letter to them.

Ink had so much inspiration yet little time to actually do all of the ideas he had.

Ink glanced at the person next to him, they were still reading that book. Ink wondered about the contents of the said book, maybe it was just as interesting as the person!