Nightmare x Stronger!Reader

Warnings: Horror is the favourite (as always), Killer is a bitch, broken bones, basically a lil injuries, not so healthy relationship, swearing, mentions of dying at the end, Nightmare is a red flag, toxic/unhealthy behavior

Type: Romantic bittersweet

Words: 4,2k

I wanted there to be more romance buuut I just wanted to get this done. I'm lowkey so busy lately, but since there will be a short spring break I'll definitely try to write more.

●●●

You huff into your hands, attempting to warm them up. The cold snowflakes landed on your gloved hands, while the weather was beautiful (you had to admit), it was cold as hell. You frown as you attempt to look around with the snowflakes obscuring your vision. It was a bad idea to go outside and walk to your friends house, however, you both planned it some time ago.

Being a working adult was so hard...

Atleast you're not forced to sit in the terrible schools with the stupid and rude kids.

The gust of wind hit you, breaking you out of your thoughts. You sigh, deciding to get going rather than stand there. The snow crunched beneath you as you made your way to the crosswalk, the fast cars made you worry since the frozen (and probably slippery) roads paired with high speeds definitely meant nothing good. You wouldn't be surprised to hear about an accident or two.

As you waited for the cars to pass and the green light to show up, the snow caught your attention. It was shining, similar to how glitter shines. Your gaze softens, remembering about the good old times with your old friends you can't really see nowadays. Heh, those snowball fights were the best. You liked them since you always won, your friends weren't that amused with your teasings though.

You miss them, you make a mental note to try and reconnect with them. It would be nice to see them again, maybe have another snowball fight.

You quickly look up as the sound of the green light hit your ears, without any hesitation, you start walking forward. It was nice taking a stroll around the town, however, you had a mission to do, which was get to your friends house.

You need to hurry up.

The sounds of the passing cars made you look around just in case, you didn't notice anything out of ordinary, just a couple of monsters hanging out near a store. You didn't dislike monsters, but you certainly weren't a fan of them either. You shiver as your thoughts turn to the bloody massacre, which happened exactly a week ago. The suspects were monsters, as no human would be able to summon... Bones. Or maybe some human decided it would be funny to fight with the bones of their previous victims.

Either way, that case was fucked up. You pity the people who had to clean it up, it was a gruesome sight. You covered your mouth upon your brain showing the terrible imagine once again today, but it wouldn't be nice to puke in the middle of the town, would it?

You take a breath in and out before continuing to walk in the direction of your friends house, which should be close by now. Just this crosswalk and you should be there, or perhaps you forgot to take a turn or two, you wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. The weather was horrible and it was quite hard to see, so, you hoped nothing would go wrong.

But there wasn't much crime in this town, partially due to the fact not a lot of people lived here and mostly everyone knew each other. However, that case you mentioned earlier definitely made a lot of people consider leaving or buying some self-defense stuff. The sad sight of one of your friends leaving was forever engraved in your mind, but it was for the best.