Nightmare x Blue

Warnings: insecurity, doubts, basically Blue venting, mentions of violence towards Ink, anxious/not good thoughts, nostalgia, mentions of others "babying" an adult

Type: Bittersweet Romantic

Words: 3k

I decided to make Nightmare fanon because I doubt he'd comfort anyone lmao.

●●●

Dream put his gloved hand on Inks shoulder as he attempted to talk to him about what just happened. It was common knowledge Ink and Error didn't get along well, quite the opposite in fact, which resulted in their battles.

Ink turned his head away from Dream and Blue, not uttering a word to any of them. He stared off in the distance, drifting off as his thoughts about a completely different topic take over. Ink not having a good memory had been the cause of many incidents and injuries to others.

Dream sighed as he looked behind himself. "Hey Blue, could you stay here for a second? I'll go talk to Ink in private. We'll be back soon."

Blue nods, his eyelights already difting off to look at the surroundings of the AU they were currently located in. The footsteps of Ink and Dream getting farther and farther away started to obviously get quieter until Blue couldn't hear them anymore. Blue rolled his eyelights, its always about Ink! He wasn't jealous or anything... Just that it was annoying to be left alone while Dream and Ink talked in private. Shouldn't Blue be there too? He's their friend too!

They're a trio for gods sake!!

Blue scoffed at the thought of them being a 'trio'. Sure, Dream always says so, but sometimes, Blue gets the feeling that he's truly not in this group. The small smiles Dream shares with Ink tell a much bigger story than Dream wants to say.

Regret.

That's how Blue started to feel recently.

Why did he accept the offer to join this stupid group? It's not like he's welcome here anyways. He's not even good at helping others, why is he here? For emotional support? Please, that's a funny joke!

The streets of this city brightened up due to the street lamps that blasted the light, almost blinding Blue, who covered his eyelights to shelter his vision from the bright light. He frowns further, his mood decaying every second like a flower without water.

Blue started to walk in a random direction, his expression sour from the previous thoughts plaguing his mind, not to mention the earlier failure to help Cross. Blue still has a bitter taste in his mouth after that encounter, it's never good to meet your polar opposite when you're already having such a bad day.

Blue sighs, oh how he wished he was back home, finally able to have a decent conversation with his brother, who he hasn't seen in a day or two already. The worry never left Blue, what if Error decided to destroy his—

Oh.

Blue forgot again.

His AU doesn't really exist anymore thanks to the...

He doesn't want to think about it, not again.

This is stupid.

Blue kicks a small rock, his expression anything but positive as he thinks about Dream and Ink. They're... good people, sure, but are they good friends? Blue didn't know, all he knew was the things they told him weren't all honest things.

But he understood, after all, he was nothing but a snotty child sometimes. Even when he was far from a child based on age.

People just can't stop seeing him as a child, an innocent one that cannot protect themselves.