Chapter 6

As all four of us sat at the table eating breakfast in silence I stared at Chase who was eating beside me.

"Violet it's not nice to stare." Peter told me as if I was a child.

I ignored his snarky comment. Instead I got up and put my plate in the sink. Chase finished after me and then Peter and then of course Makayla.

"Chase. Library. Now." I said in a stern voice.

"Ah, I see. Chasey boy here is in some trouble." Peter didn't get to finish because Chase walked to the library with me.

I opened the door to the library then shut it once Chase came in. I didn't bother to move away from the door, I just immediately started yelling.

"Chase what the hell is your problem?!  First you won't tell me why you were punching the walls. Now your being so distant I can hardly stand it!" I yelled at him.

"Why can't you respect that I said I can't tell you?! I can't tell you Violet!" Chase yelled back at me.

I could hear Peter and Makayla putting away the dishes in the kitchen. Good they didn't follow.

"And why is that?! Why the hell can't you tell me?!" I started. "Chase, you have been able to tell me everything! And now that we're dating and I love you more than ever why are you keeping secrets?"

"I will tell you when I can. Now can we be done here?" He asked me.

"Yes. But you have to tell me sooner or later! Or I swear you will regret not telling me." I warned him.

Peter must have heard me shut the door to the library so he started talking to Chase again.

"Now let me finish what I was saying." Peter yelled to us in the hallway.

Once we got back to the kitchen he continued whatever he was going to say.

"Punching the walls again?" Peter asked Chase.

At this point Chase wasn't facing Peter. Chase turned his head to the side and then turned around to see what else Peter was going to say.

"It's been a month since the last hole right?" Peter asked Chase.

"Yeah." Chase replied.

I became confused as to why Peter knew that Chase was punching walls.

"Ah, okay." Peter finished.

Makayla walked over to Peter and grabbed ahold of the collar of his shirt and grabbed the buckle of his jeans and pulled him towards her until they were touching.

"I'll be back later." She said.

"Was all that necessary? Just to tell me you'll be back later? Go and leave." Peter said while pushing Makayla off of him.

Makayla looked hurt and left. I looked around to see that Chase was gone and noticed that he went outside.

"Peter do you know why Chase was punching the walls before?" I asked in a demanding voice.

"Yeah, I do. But he'll tell you when he wants. I won't tell you." Peter answered.

"Peter please." I begged. "Tell me what he's hiding."

"Wait, if you know about him punching the walls, you saw the room." Peter said.

"Yeah I did. He said I wasn't suppose to see it. Why wasn't I?" I asked him.

"Shit. Knight, I'm sorry that I can't tell you." Peter told me.

I stood there shocked that Peter wouldn't tell me why Chase was punching walls.

I am determined to find out why.