Chapter 7

"Peter, is it okay if Scarlett comes over?" I asked Peter from the top of the steps.

"Yeah." He said in an aggravated tone.

I immediately spotted Chase coming out of his bedroom, glancing towards me. He walked over to me and put his hands on the banister.

"I'm sorry." Chase told me. "I truly do love you."

He turned to me and put a hand on my waist pulling me towards him. He looked into my eyes and tilted his head down to reach my lips. He kissed me and brought his other hand to my cheek and cupped it in his hand. I pulled away to talk to him.

"I know you do but, I want to know about the walls." I said.

I walked past him and ran downstairs and sat on the couch. Peter was watching TV and glanced at me, checking over my body.

"Why the hell are you checking me out? You have a girlfriend." I told Peter.

"I wasn't. And correction, had a girlfriend." Peter told me.

"Had? What happened?" As if I care but he is letting me live here.

"Eh she's way to clingy and needy. Ugh every single minute 'oh baby can we go sneak upstairs and blah blah blah' you don't want details." Peter confessed. "So I dumped her. But she's still leaving here."

There was a knock at the door and I immediately jumped up and opened the door.

"Scarlett!!!!!!" I screamed at her.

It's been way to long since her and I saw each other, a whole week. We use to hang out basically every day.

"Violet!!" Scarlett said and gave me a huge hug. "Now where is the bastard boyfriend?"

She of course was talking about Chase. I told her everything.

"Umm. Hello? Right here." Chase said over in the kitchen.

Scarlett walked over to him and literally just slapped him across the face.

"You listen to me. You will tell Violet what the hell is your problem. She has been there for you through everything and you owe her this and yo-" She was cut off by Peter.

"Chase. Put down the knife." Peter was too late.

Chase had already turned Scarlett around holding her by the waist and holding the knife to her throat.

"You. Violet. Make her shut up." Chase said with a cold look across his face.

Chase threw down the knife and playfully pushed Scarlett away. Peter took a deep breath and I did as well.

"Not cool man." We all actually surprisingly said at once.

-An hour later-

"Hey Peter!" Scarlett called out to him.

"Yes Scarlett? Wait. You wanna move in? Okay fine. Whatever." Peter answered.

"Oh okay! Thanks!" Scarlett said walking back to my room.

Scarlett and I talked for hours trying to figure out way for us to get Chase to spill. We finally came up with one and oh boy Chase isn't gonna like it.