Chapter 13

-Chase's POV-

"What?!" I yelled towards Peter. "What happened? Is she okay?"

"It's not my place to say. Well it is but isn't." Peter told me. He was looking at his feet, but why?

"What hospital?" I asked no one directly.

"The town's duh." Scarlett told me.

I ran back and jumped in my truck leaving everyone behind, including Natalie. I drove to the hospital and walked in and asked what room Violet Knight is in.

As I walked down the hall to room 27 I saw the door and noticed that it was shut. I knocked and turned the handle, and walked in. She was on a hospital bed with an IV attached to her arm, and a heart monitor, with all those wires on her. She was in a hospital gown and covered with a blanket. I walked around to the other side of her and took a seat on the edge of the bed. Once I walked around I noticed that she had tons a cuts and bruises on her face, arms and hands. At least those were the only places I could tell.

She opened her eyes and blinked a couple times to adjust her eyes. She looked at me with a desperate smile.

"Oh, Violet what happened?" I asked her with a concerned look.

She strugged to push herself up straight but managed to do so.

"Well, while you were gone I may have kissed Peter. And when I did I didn't feel anything. No sparks, no fireworks. Nothing. So I got upset because I didn't feel anything that I felt when I was with you. Chase, I do have feelings for you, not only as a friend but as more. But once I was upset, I got in my car and drove off. It was raining that night, and I was speeding being my upset and pissed off self. I went to turn a turn but when I did I didn't slow down and the car flipped and rolled down the big hill next to the school. But you know how there's a bunch of tress at the bottom? Well my car crashed into a tree, the side of it crashed, the drivers side." She took a breath with a slight cough before she continued. "My car stopped of course. Thank God there was something going on that night at the school and someone called an ambulance. So ta da here I am. In the hospital. Been here for the past two weeks. But otherwise I've had a lot of time to think about what I want. And Chase, I want you. Will you take me back?"

I couldn't respond to her at all. But I saw her face turn even more desperate and sad once Natalie came in.

"Hey babe!" Natalie said to me giving me a kiss.

"Hey Natalie." I said to her.

A nurse walked in to check on Violet. I got up off the bed and stood over at the wall next to Natalie.

"Sorry kids but you have to go now. Miss Knight here is going into surgery. You can come back in 3 days to see her." The nurse told Natalie and I.

"Ha. That's if I make it through surgery." Violet said as the nurse wheeled her out the door down the hall.

I ran after her and tried to stay with her as long as I could but I couldn't.

"Go away Chase. Go smooch on Natalie. I'm sure if I die she'll fill in. You won't even notice I'm gone." Violet said to me.

"Asshole." She said to me in the distance.

Thankfully Natalie didn't witness any of that. She had already gone down the hall to the exit.

Now to find out her history with Colton.