Chapter 05

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

.................................................................

"Miss.Gupta, here is a list of all the emergency contacts. My parents are out of town for the week so in case of an emergency you first call my sister, then the rest. Akash has to be your last hope because he panics in emergencies and he is the least responsible person in my family"

"I understand Mr. Arnav. Don't worry, I won't leave Sifu alone even for a second"

"Give me your phone," 

Saying that he took her phone from her hand and entered something.

"This is my personal number. Only a few people have this number so you better not miss use it, Miss. Gupta. I need to be informed everything happens here while I am away. I will be back in three days"

"I assure you Mr. Arnav, you have nothing to worry but just so you are at peace, I will make sure to keep you informed"

"No visitors are allowed other than my family"

"Ok"

"You have to be extra vigilant about your surrounding"

"Done"

"No rule breaks while I am away?"

"You can count me on that"

"Good, now that it's clear I will go and say bye to Sifu" saying he went to Sifu's bedroom.

Arnav's flight was early in the morning so Sifu was asleep when he was leaving. He slowly walked to her room and kissed the little girl's forehead before leaving her room.

Sifu is used to not having her father around from time to time. But she always made a fuss about it. Sometimes she would skip her meals, wake up late at night to trouble the nanny, or nonstop screaming until she gets what she wants.

"Miss. Gupta, Sifu is used to not having me around but she acts a little different when I am not around. She can be a bit handful. She will need extra attention during this time and that's why I included the additional payment"

"Please Mr. Arnav, I am not bothered about the payment. Sifu is a great kid and very mature for her age. I am sure two of us will come to an understanding"

"That's what I am afraid of" thought Arnav. 

He wanted Sifu and Khushi to get along well but at the same time, he did not want Sifu to get attached to her. Khushi has to leave one day. Once she finishes her studies she'll find a better job. He can't expect her to be Sifu's nanny forever. She has her own life to live. But if Sifu gets attached to Khushi, separation will hit her hard.

"Ok, Miss. Gupta, I take your leave now. Don't forget Sifu, protect her with your life"

Saying that Arnav left leaving Khushi alone in the living room. How old does he think she is? She is not a teenager who needs constant reminders. She is 23 for god sake. How many times has he repeated the same thing?

Well, at least no more of him for three days.

Khushi went to her room and since she no longer was sleepy, started working on her thesis. This job is actually helping her with the practical experience needed for her thesis.

"I can't believe this Khushi, you have totally forgotten me even since you got your new job"

"It's not like that Payal. I was busy. It was my first day and then I had to learn everything before Mr. Arnav left"