Chapter 24

It was a big day for Sifu. Today is her 4th Birthday. She has been asking for an Elsa birthday party for months and Khushi and Arnav planned a beautiful Elsa birthday party.

The reality is Khushi planned the party and Arnav only gave her orders. Ever since the Diwali incident, Arnav tried to avoid Khushi as much as he can. 

He knows he is in love with Khushi and that was the main reason he did not want to be around her. He was afraid that he might end up doing something which could result in losing Khushi forever.

He is the one fallen in love. That does not mean Khushi has to love him. If he is around her he'll end up confessing his love. What scared him most was Khushi accepting it out of duty. She might say she loves him because she does not want to hurt him. 

She has a soft spot for him and she might do the same mistake he did with Lavanya. Unfortunately, he did not realize that by staying away from her, he was hurting her more.

Khushi didn't understand what was going on. She felt neglected and insulted. At Anjali's house, they almost kissed but ever since Arnav only talked to her if it is something to do with Sifu. 

He left early in the morning and came home late at night. Anything related to party planning was done either via email or text message. He didn't have the audacity to at least call her.

She tolerated this behavior for almost a week and today after the party she is going to have a one-on-one with him. As much as she loved Sifu she cannot let her self-respect go down. 

If he cannot give her the respect she deserves, she will have no choice but to leave this job. Khushi didn't want to hurt SIfu by leaving before her party. So she waited this week and deep down she was hoping Arnav will come around.

"Good Morning Kuchi"

"Good Morning Birthday Girl. Happy birthday"

Sifu was sharing her excitement when Arnav walked into the kitchen.

"Good Morning birthday girl. Happy Birthday princess"

"Good Morning papa, Sifu is excited. An Elsa birthday party"

"Yes, I heard. Finish your breakfast and let's get on with the decorations"

The little girl was excited to have a birthday party of her choice therefore she insisted three of them should do the decorating instead of someone professional. At first, Arnav was against it but in the end, Sifu's puppy dog eyes and her sweet talks won.

"Morning Khushi" Arnav tried to act normal.

"Morning" Saying that she passed him his breakfast and left the kitchen with her breakfast. This time he has to pay. She was not going to act all sweet with him just because he said morning. She took her breakfast and sat at the dining table leaving Arnav and Sifu in the kitchen.

Arnav on the other hand tried to understand what has happened. Khushi usually is very cheerful.

She normally makes jokes and offers him coffee, but today something is wrong. Arnav's own decisions were clouding his ability to think. Not in his dreams, he thought the reason behind this behavior is his own behavior.

"Khushi, I don't know what has gotten over but you either tell me or stop behaving like this"

"OMG Arnav Ji, you've got to be kidding me. You want me to tell you what happened and you want me to change my behavior. You know what, I will not tell you what happened and Ok, I will change my behavior. Happy?"

"Khushi, I didn't mean it like that. It's just..."

"Leave it, Arnav Ji. You have never understood and you never will. We are only going to ruin Sifu's big day if we continue this so I request you to leave me alone and let's just go with the flaw for the day"