Chapter 37

The judge examined the marriage certificate and other proofs provided by Shyam.

"Mrs Shetty, even though this wedding took place in less than two weeks' time, Mr Raizada and Mrs Raizada are legally married at the time of this court hearing. I don't see this becoming any negative effect on a growing-up kid. In fact, the kid involved here is getting a mother out of this. Do you have anything else you wish to address this court?"

Even though Lavanya's lawyer knew she has no case here, she did not want to go down without a fight.

"Your honour, my client wasn't aware of this situation hence we request the court to provide us with another date to prepare. Also, we would like to have Miss. Sifu present at the next hearing. My client still feels unsafe to leave her only child with a woman she barely knows and she wants to know if her child is comfortable with this situation"

"Ok, given the fact the claimant wasn't aware of the marriage between Mr. & Mrs Raizada, the court will hear this case a week from now on. As the person involves here is a minor and only 4 years old, the court will not give anyone the right to call that person on the stand. However, the court believes Mrs Kashyap has the right to know her daughter's decision. Therefore, the court orders Miss. Sifu Singh Raizada is to be present at the next hearing and she can bring any additional guardians she has. The court is adjourned"

As soon as they were out of the court, Lavanya walked towards Khushi and was about to slap her when Khushi held her hand.

"Don't even think about it Lavanya. If you feel like slapping someone, go infant of a mirror and slap yourself. How can you call yourself a mother? A mother would fight the world for her kid's happiness but here, you are fighting with your kid for your own happiness. Shame on you. There is only one reason you are standing on your feet right now. God has given you two lifelines for the only two good deeds you did in our life"

Lavanya was fuming. She wanted to kill Khushi right there.

"First one, giving birth to an amazing kid like Sifu and the second one leaving that amazing kid and her father. You would have ruined their lives if you were still there. You have already used one of your lifelines with your first divorce. Make sure you use this last one properly"

Saying that Khushi grabbed Arnav's hand and walked out of the court. Anjali, Shyam, Renuka and Aravind followed them. Renuka was over the moon. She not only got a daughter-in-law of her choice, a feisty one who is not afraid to stand up to a bully like Lavanya.

Arnav on the other hand was impressed and shocked at the same time. He was impressed by how Khushi stood for herself without wanting him to interfere. He was also shocked to see this little packet has such fire hidden inside her.

"Khushi, remind me never to be on your bad side"

"What, Arnav Ji, what are you talking about"

"Khushi, Chote is right, even I am afraid to be on your bad side now. Hats off to you for the way you showed Lavanya her place"

"I was just stating the facts, Anjali Ji"

"Khushi, I think it's high time you start calling me Di"

Saying that Anjali hugged her sister-in-law. She has nothing to fear. Even if her brother breaks in the middle Khushi will lift him up. His brother and niece now have a strong pillar in their lives.

"Bhai, what happened in the court?"

Arnav and Khushi explained Akash and Payal the court proceedings.

"So, Sifu will have to be there at the next hearing?"

"Unfortunately yes. But I am glad it was a very intimate hearing. No one else was present other than us family"