Chapter 22

"Ar..na..v... Ji"

"Khushi, I know my name, you don't have to remind me of it every minute"

"You.... are.... ho..holing ma.. my... Shawl"

"Yes Khushi, I can see that too"

"But..t...w...h..y..?"

"Simple, I asked you a question, but instead of answering me, you were leaving. So I had to stop you somehow correct?"

"You... could... have.. asked.. me.. to stay"

"True, but I prefer it this way"

Khushi was stammering because her heart was beating faster than ever. She was literally hyperventilating and Arnav's casual behavior was making her more nervous.

"Khushi, before you answer my previous question, can you explain how did I make you as nervous as you claimed to be?"

"Because.....because.. you were..... coming...... closer"

"And why was that making you nervous? I can't be the only person who was this close to you. Akash, Payal, even my sister was hugging you until you chocked"

"But.. this... is... you"

"Exactly my question Khushi"

Khushi couldn't hold it anymore. She gathered all the courage she can gather and said,

"Arnav Ji, if you think you can intimidate me by making me nervous, you are wrong. Come as close as you want, I am not going to get affected"

"Are you sure?"

Saying that even before Khushi answered Arnav pulled the shawl he was holding closing their distance. Khushi came flying over to Arnav. 

"What did you say, come as close as I want but you won't get affected?"

Khushi node her head because their close proximity was making her speechless. She can feel Arnav's eyes on her and his hot breath going through her facial muscles.

"Let's give it a go"

Saying that Arnav moved his face towards Khushi's and kissed one of her cheeks.

Khushi was wearing a pink suit and she was blushing so hard that her face matched her suit. Arnav saw this and let out a smirk. 

Khushi's breathing went through a rollercoaster ride. She could hear her own heartbeat and she could feel her ears burning.

As soon as she started feeling her legs again, without even giving a second, she ran away from there only to stop in the middle to hear Arnav saying,

"Btw Khushi, my Di is hosting a family Diwali dinner tomorrow and she invited you too"

Khushi turned around, node yes, and ran towards her room. She wanted to be alone. She wanted to know the reason behind Arnav's actions.

Arnav did say that night when Sifu got sick meant nothing but ever since that night his behavior towards Khushi has taken a turn. He didn't leave a chance to come closer to her or to make her blush.

Deep inside Khushi assumed the reason but she was afraid to think it through because she could not go through heartbreak if her assumptions are wrong.

With his every step, his every glance, his every touch, Arnav was making it impossible for Khushi to stay away from him. Is she supposed to?

Arnav has now confirmed that Khushi has feelings for him. She has never worded it but her body language was enough for Arnav to understand. They both feel the same things for each other. But is he supposed to go through with it? Is he doing right by her?