Chapter 17

Thank you for reading and loving this story so far :). Happy reading!

....................................................................................................

Khushi was making breakfast when Arnav walked in.

"Good Morning Khushi"

"Good Morning Arnav Ji"

She did notice the seriousness in his voice.

"Khushi, once you finish serving breakfast to Sifu, let her play in her playroom and come to the study. It's important"

Khushi node yes and quickly finished what she was doing. After Sifu finished her breakfast she got Sifu to go and play and went to the study room with two cups of coffee. What can be this important to talk about?

They've already talked and cleared out the tension between them. It's a different thing that Arnav is making it hard for Khushi to stay away from him with his newfound passion to torture her. But this must be something important. She has never seen him this seriously after her interview day.

"May I come in Arnav Ji?"

"Come in Khushi and please close the door behind"

"Here, I got you a cup of coffee"

"Thanks, and take a seat"

Khushi sat opposite Arnav and prepared herself for what was coming.

"Khushi, I received a call this morning from Lavanya. She is back in the country and she wants to come today. Usually, she lets me know a day ahead before her visit, but since she was out of the country she couldn't inform me"

"I understand Arnav Ji"

"I checked with Di and Shyam both and they confirmed as long as she gives me a couple of hour's notice she can come. Usually, I try my best to avoid her whenever she visits but today she has requested to meet me to which I have to agree because she is still the mother of my daughter"

"Please let me know how can I be of help, Arnav Ji. I am happy to help you in any way possible"

"Her request to meet me can never be something good Khushi, I am actually worried"

"Arnav Ji, relax. I am happy to help in whichever way I can"

"Khushi, I know it's Sunday and you may have plans. I did promise you that you can have Sundays off. I already took away one of your Sundays with the family dinner and I know I am asking a lot, but could you please stay home today?"

"Arnav Ji, that's totally fine"

"It's just I can't trust myself around Lavanya. She knows all my weak spots. So one push and I'll blast. I don't want Sifu to witness me yelling at her mother. Do you think you can be with me for the day?"

"The day? I am happy to be with you for the rest of your life Arnav Ji" Thought Khushi before saying,

"Don't worry Arnav Ji, I am happy to stay home with you. Anyway, my plan was to stay home and do some reading so don't feel like I am doing you a favor"

"Thank you Khushi, I don't know how, but I will make it up to you somehow"

"Please Arnav Ji, anything for Sifu. The breakfast is ready, so let's go and eat before she comes. You will need all the energy"

Arnav and Khushi finished their breakfast and Khushi was making them tea when they heard the doorbell.

"Here we go, wish me luck Khushi"