Chapter 29

"Chote, it's Akash"

As soon as the other three heard the name they were stunned. Why would Akash tell Lavanya about this? How did he meet her?

While the other three were bashing Akash for not keeping his mouth shut, Khushi was thinking. She has known Akash for a long time and he has never done anything to suspect his loyalty. This has to be a miscommunication.

"Arnav Ji, I am positive Akash did not mean any harm. Before we blame him we should ask him, his side of the story"

"Khushi, that idiot has made a mess. I am not going to ask him to explain"

"Arnav Ji, calm down. He is your brother. Has he even done anything to hurt you or the family?"

"No, but"

"See, so we should ask him"

"Khushi, all this is because he didn't keep his mouth shut"

"Anjali Ji, we don't know what happened. I am sure this has to be a miscommunication"

Arnav thought for a minute. Khushi is right. Akash has always been there for him. He is his brother. He should not blame him just because Lavanya said.

"Di, I think Khushi is right. I'll call him and ask him to come. I am sure, Lavanya might be playing some twisted game here"

"Chote, it's your life so you have the right to decide. But I am not going to listen to his excuses. If he even once tried to give an excuse, I will jump in the middle?"

"Ok Di, but let's give him a chance first"

Arnav took his phone out to call Akash.

"Morning Bhai"

"Akash, where are you?"

"I am on my way home. 10 mins max. Why what happened?"

"I'll tell you when you are here. Come fast"

"But Bhai,.."

"Akash, see you soon"

Akash came sooner than he promised. When he saw his brother, sister, brother-in-law, and Khushi in the living room he knew this has to be something important.

"Bhai, Di, what happened? You guys are up early"

"Akash, did you contact Lavanya or meet her in the last few weeks?"

"Bhai, why would I contact her? I didn't even contact her when you were married, so why would I do that when she's out of our lives?"

"Akashi, don't lie"

"Di, what are you talking about? Why would I lie?"

"Di please, Let me handle this. If he says he didn't then we should trust him. We cannot give the satisfaction to Lavanya that we are fighting because of her"

Arnav asked Akash to sit and explained everything.

"What? Who does she think she is? Does she want to take Sifu away? No way Bhai, we have to fight for it"

"We know Akash, that's what we are trying to do here. But Anjali's assistant was informed that you were the one who told Lavanya about Khushi"

"Shyam Bhai, I promise, I did not contact her but wait. Omg, now I remember. Bhai, Khushi, can you guys remember that day at the cafe?"

Arnav and Khushi both looked at each other. They can never forget that day. That day was the turning point in their relationship.

"When you lashed out and left the cafe with Khushi we all were stunned. NK asked about Khushi and I simply told him she is Sifu's nanny. Then I think Payal said something about Khushi being Sifu's living-in nanny. We didn't give it much thought because anyone who saw that incident would have asked the same question. Especially seeing how possessive you were"