Chapter 18

Khushi couldn't believe her ears. Did he ask her to be his girlfriend?

"Arnav Ji?"

"I know this feels absurd. But your stunt actually made me realize that I have never punished Lavanya for what she did. She not only abundant me but also abundant her own child. No pressure Khushi, only if you are comfortable"

Khushi very well knows there will never be a future for both of them, but if she gets a chance to live it for a day, she'll take it. At least then she can cross out the question "What if I have dated Arnav" from her list.

"Arnav Ji, if that helps you and Sifu, I am happy to"

"Thank you Khushi, thank you so much"

Arnav hugged Khushi as tight as he can and Khushi, without wasting a second hugged him back.

Lavanya, who was in the living room was getting restless. They never had this kind of life. She was always concerned with her looks, her nails, and her skin so she has never even made a coffee for Arnav. It was always Arnav who did the cooking. It was he who made an effort in their relationship, while she was sulking and complaining.

But somehow, there is someone in his life now who is making an effort for him.

She slowly walked towards the kitchen to witness Arnav and Khushi's hug. Khushi was facing her back so Lavanya couldn't see her face. What shocked her was Arnav's emotions. His eyes were closed and he had a lovely smile on his face while hugging.

The smile, she hasn't seen ever since he caught her with NK. The smile that disappeared with her infidelity, is back again. Whoever this girl was, she had managed to pull out the old Arnav back. Lavanya for the first time since their divorce felt disappointed. But not at Arnav, at her own decisions.

"Ahem" she cleared her throat without being able to take this anymore.

"Sorry, to disturb you two, but I don't have the whole day"

"Oh I forgot to introduce you two, Lavanya, this Khushi, the love of my life, and Khushi, this Lavanya, my ex-wife"

Khushi was trying hard not to cry. If his pretense of love is this pure, she didn't want to imagine what must it feel like to receive his real love.

"Khushi, get it together, you promised Arnav you will help so stop thinking and go with the flow" her mind bought her back to reality.

"Hi Lavanya, nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too Khushi"

"I have always wanted to meet you Lavanya"

"Really, for what?"

"To say thank you"

"Thank you? I am sure I haven't met you before Khushi, so what are you thanking me for?"

"For leaving Arnav Ji. If you haven't cheated on him he would have never left you and we would have never met. So thank you for helping me find the love of my life"

Arnav was impressed. He did not expect this from Khushi. She pushed the correct button without even making an effort.

"Yes Lavanya, we both are thankful for you. Until I met Khushi, I thought you were my true love and after what you did, I stopped believing in love. But after I met Khushi, I realized my feelings toward you were simply an attraction. I never truly loved you. I loved you out of habit. When you left me for NK, I thought you broke our love. But now I know, you never loved me either. We both were so close to each other and we mistook that habit of ours to love"

Lavanya was fuming. She has never felt insulted like this.

"I have always blamed you for our divorce Lavanya, always. But today I can tell you that I forgive you. Your affair with NK was not only your fault but also mine. If I loved you enough, I would have made an effort to understand your pain but I never did. Instead, I pushed you towards NK unknowingly. I only realized it now. Because for Khushi, I know will keep making efforts every day"