Chapter 10

Arnav's hands wrapped around Khushi's waist securely holding her while Khushi was holding onto his shirt.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at Arnav who is already looking at her. His eyes moved across her eyes and she did the same. It felt like time has stopped and their eyes were doing all the talking.

Without breaking their eye contact Arnav straightened up making Khushi sit on his lap now. Both were still holding on to each other.

For the first time, Arnav saw how beautiful Khushi is. Her eyes were dark grey and she had sparkling eyes. Her tiny nose complimented her face and then his eyes fell onto her pink lips.

Khushi was lost in his eyes. Those chocolate brown eyes were making her weak on her knees.

Without realizing she removed one hand that was holding onto his shirt and moved it towards his face and slowly started caressing his left cheek.

Arnav tightened the grip of his left hand and moved his right hand and put it on top of Khushi's hand that was caressing his cheek. He slowly massaged the back of her palm while deepening his grip on her waist making Khushi gasp.

Both could feel the heat of each other's touch. He then slowly moved his hand toward her lips and gently caressed her lips with his thumb making Khushi breathe fast.

Arnav's eyes moved towards Khushi's lips and then again moved towards her eyes. That gesture was enough for Khushi to know what is going to happen next. She must resist, she has to but she felt she is not strong enough. 

Arnav wanted to let go of Khushi, he can't let this happen. She is his brother's girl for god sake. But those hazel eyes captivated him in a trance making his brain shut down. 

The sudden loud noise of a cell phone broke their trance and Khushi quickly got up and went to the Kitchen.

Arnav quickly gathered himself and answered the phone.

"Hello Chote, how are you?"

"Umm, good"

"Chote?"

"Yeah....."

"Are you ok?"

"Ummm"

"Earth to Chote.... hello...."

"Oh, yeah Di, sorry I was distracted"

"That I knew from your first Answer. Anyway, I just called to remind you that we'll be there tomorrow. Don't forget, otherwise, you know mom"

"Don't worry Di, I remember"

"How's my little princess?"

"She is good Di"

"Btw, did you fire that new nanny of yours yet?"

"Di, why would I fire her if she hasn't done anything? Well, Apart from invading my life" Arnav murmured the last part so that only he can hear.

"She is still hanging in there. Omg, I must meet her. Hats off to her"

"Di, you are talking like I am a monster. I never fired anyone without a proper reason and I do not have a reason to fire this one, it's as simple as that"

"Akash did tell me that she is pretty"

"So? What's your point Di?"

"No, I was stating a fact. That's all. Don't get hyper"

"Di, if you are done with your senseless talks can I go and sleep now?"

After a few more minutes, the sibling disconnected the call and Arnav stood there without knowing what to do.

Sleep was the last thing he wants to do now. But he needed to end that call. He was not in a position to continue small talks.

Everything that happened a few minutes ago was replaying and Arnav didn't know how to react. How can he let himself be weak like that?

With a simple touch, this girl was breaking all the walls he has build around him.

He cannot be the guy who falls for his brother's girl. He can't be the boss who falls for his employee and he definitely can't be the person who went against his own rules.

He took note that he will never talk about this. He had a feeling Khushi might be on the same page as him.

As long as neither of them talks about what just happened, they should be good. The more you think the more it feels.

Khushi was breathing hard, her hands were shaking and she could feel the heat rising within her making her sweat. What just happened? The way she touched Arnav keep playing in front of her.

"Khushi, he touched you to save you from falling but you took it to the other level with your gesture" She was blaming herself.

She tried hard but she couldn't forget what she felt when his fingers touched her lips. She wanted him to kiss her.

Who knows, if it was not for that phone call, she might have ended up kissing him. She is attracted to Arnav is a fact, but is she falling for him?

"Khushi, you cannot be the girl who fell in love with the boss. You have your whole life ahead and he will never accept you. So stop going on that road, It will only end up hurting you. End it while you can"

She was preaching to the deaf. Her mind knew what she has to do but her heart was not going to let it go that easily.

Both Khushi and Arnav were laying in their respective beds but sleep is nowhere near them. The incident was haunting them. Today they were saved by a phone call. What about tomorrow?

"No Arnav, there will not be a tomorrow. She is Sifu's nanny that's all she is ever going to be"

He must get it together. It's fine, he slipped a few times in the middle but the old Arnav Singh Raizada will be back again. He cannot let a girl affect him this much.

His priority should be Sifu. No one else should matter.

Khushi also took a mental note to prioritize herself over her emotions. She has to cage these emotions.

Early in the morning both of them gained sleep promising to keep a distance from each other.

When two people are meant to be together, nothing or no one can end them.

They may get lost in the middle, and briefly separate on their journey but true love will always conquer. Nothing can compete with them.

Others can only attempt to fill a void but eventually, the two will be reunited.

You always will end up with the right person, at the right time regardless of any other factors. That's what true love is.

..................................................................................................................

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

My other book Forever and Always is now completed. Please check it out: 

https://www.wattpad.com/1273586885-always-and-forever-prologue