Chapter 32

"Go home so that I can come today to put a ring on your finger to make you mine"

"Oh really, you think you can just come in and put a ring on my finger and I will be yours... wait WHAT?"

Khushi was confused. What is he talking about? Why is this house decorated? What is she missing here? What is happening here?

"What is going on here? Why are you all standing like this ? and the ring? Where does this ring come from? Arnav Ji, before I go completely crazy can you please tell me what is going on?"

"Khushi, if you haven't noticed, that is exactly what I am trying to do for the past few minutes. Now, can we please go somewhere alone and talk?"

Khushi grabbed his hand, took him to Payal's room, and closed the door behind them.

"Tell me something Khushi, so it was only me who lost the right to touch you? or it's vice versa? Because if it is vice versa then I am offended because you are touching my hand"

Khushi let go of his hand and moved further. Here, she is fuming, angry, and disappointed but Arnav was laughing.

"Can you stop showing your teeth and tell me how dare you come back here after what you did last night?"

"Khushi, go back to last night and tell me exactly what happened"

"You asked me to leave you, you gave up on us, and you betrayed my love, is this enough, or do you need more?"

"As far as I remember, I told you that I spoke to your father and he wants you to come home. He is at Payal's house and you need to go home. Not once I mentioned, I am letting you go out of my life nor did I betray our love"

"But... I agree you didn't use those words but asking me to pack my bags and to leave was enough for a person with a brain to understand what is the hidden meaning behind it"

"I feel sorry for your brain Khushi. Why do you always assume the worst? Tell me one thing, when two people are getting married what is the first step?"

"What kind of a question is that Arnav Ji, you are trying to change the topic"

"Khushi, answer my question"

"Well, the guy's family will go to the girl's family asking for her hand"

"Thank you, Khushi, and then after that?"

"They get engaged, then few other rituals and then they get married. What does all this have to do with me?"

"Just imagine if the guy and the girl were living under the same roof and how would you prefer them to do all these ceremonies?"

"Well, if I am the girl, I would prefer to be with my family during these ceremonies because....."

It suddenly hit her. She has been played. They all made a fool out of her and she has let them too.

"Exactly what I was trying to do Khushi. I wanted you to be with your family during all our wedding ceremonies"

"Arnav Ji? You lied to me, You played me, You hurt me so that you can get a little laugh? How could you do that? Do you have the slightest idea how much I cried, I thought I lost you and Sifu forever"

"I am sorry Khushi, but you did lie to me first about your dad not being able to come to the wedding. You did not tell me the truth behind it"

"But, that does not give you the right to play me like this"

"Oh come on Khushi. First I wanted to punish you and let go of it. Then Akash and Payal suggested this way so I kind of thought why not. Believe me, I was thinking you will figure it out in a second"