Chapter 39

"Arnav Ji, do you think Lavanya will try to create more trouble?"

"I don't think so Khushi. Also, the court has banned her so if she tries anything that'll go against her. She dug her own grave this time"

"Please don't get angry when I say this but the look on her face when we left the court is still haunting me. She was in pain Arnav Ji"

"Khushi, that's the difference between her and you, if the roles were reversed trust me on this, she would have organized a party to celebrate your loss and here you are sacrificing both our sleep because you feel bad for her"

"But Arnav Ji, she looked drained out"

"Khushi, it's not a bad thing to be good but sometimes you need to draw a line on where to stop caring. People like Lavanya do not deserve forgiveness that easily. As inhumane as this sounds, you need to let her sulk like that for her to understand what she did"

"I do understand but I can't help it"

"Now come on here, we had a very stressful few weeks so tonight, you can lock away your worries. I have a surprise for you tomorrow so have a good sleep now"

"Surprise? What? Tell me Arnav Ji"

"Khushi, if I tell you now it won't be a surprise, will it? So relax and let's sleep now"

Arnav pulled her close to him, gave a forehead good night kiss and hugged her before they both fell asleep.

Khushi prayed to god to keep her family safe without any troubles before she closed her eyes.

"Good Morning Bhai, you are up early"

"Morning Akash, Yes I have to take Khushi someplace. I was going to ask you if you can stay with Sifu. If you have plans don't worry mom will be more than happy to have her"

"It's fine Bhai. I had no plans. Payal and her family are out of town so I was planning on a movie marathon. So go ahead and carry on with your plans"

"So, Payal huh?"

"It's so unexpected Bhai. I knew Payal before I knew Khushi and I have never felt anything towards her. It was always the three of us. But ever since Khushi started working for you she cut herself away from us. So it became just Payal and me for most of the time"

"I never asked Khushi to cut herself away from you guys. I asked her to take more off days"

"You asked her Bhai, but she never wanted to. It was like even five extra minutes she get she wanted to spend with you and Sifu. Shockingly, it took you guys this long to get married in a way. You were like inseparable Bhai"

"What nonsense Akash"

"Seriously Bhai, are you playing that card? You, who never left the office unless it's something to do with Sifu were home all the time after Khushi started working for you. I sometimes wondered if you are at home all the time why do you need her here? But now I understand"

"Ok, enough about me, we were talking about you and Payal. Also, by the look of it, you have some thanking to do"

"Thanking? To whom?"

"To Khushi and I"

"For what Bhai?"

"If not for me as you claim, Khushi wouldn't have given so much alone time for you and Payal"

"Oh, so you want the credit for it?"

"Why not?"

"Well jokes apart Bhai, I feel so happy. At first, I was going in the wrong direction and today I can be relieved I did not think beyond. Payal makes me happy Bhai. I tell you, she is the one"