Chapter 27

Khushi went to her room and sat in front of the mirror. She looked like she came from a battle. Her lips were swollen, her hair was messy, and her top was half unhooked, She saw a couple of red marks on her neck and a light blush took over her.

The events of that night were replaying in her mind. If it was not for Sifu god knows what they end up doing. She did not regret any second of it. In fact, she was finally happy. Arnav loves her, he expressed his love.

She remembered how he said he never loved Lavanya. That means, she is his first love. She may not be the first woman in his life but she is his first love and she intends to be the last.

Khushi couldn't stop smiling. She jumped on the bed, she danced around the room, it was evident that this girl was indeed in love. People say when a girl is in love you can see it in her smile and when a guy is in love you can see it in his eyes.

Arnav's situation was no better. He couldn't stop thinking about each touch, each emotion, her lips, the way her body synched with his, and the way she whispered his name. He wanted to go and finish what he started but his mind warned him.

For the sake of Sifu, Khushi, and himself, Arnav has to take things slow. He cannot go wrong this time. Because this time it's not only trust that is at stake, three hearts are at stake as well.

Arnav tried to sleep but sleep was the last thing on his mind. He woke up early in the morning and went to the kitchen to have a cup of coffee.

"Arnav Ji, you are up early"

He heard Khushi from the back and turned his head around to see her standing behind him.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Yes, so come down for tea. Same with you?"

"Yes, came down for a coffee"

"Here, let me make it for you"

Khushi started making their coffee and tea. Something about this morning is different. Until last night they were employees and employers. But this morning the dynamics have changed.

 Khushi was skeptical about how Arnav is going to react. Deep down she was afraid he might ghost her again as he did after Diwali. Therefore, seeing him in the kitchen was a relief for Khushi.

Arnav looked at Khushi. She was glowing and it made him happy because he was the reason behind it. She is perfect. Arnav was a lost soul when Khushi entered his life. Gradually she not only managed to tame him but also gave him belongingness.

"Khushi, since we haven't done much talking last night, don't you think it's high time you and I both have a one-on-one"

"I actually wanted to talk to you, but you are the one who had something else on your mind" murmured Khushi. 

"What's that now Khushi? You have something you need to tell me?"

"Nothing, just me being me, but yes, I agree with you, Arnav Ji. We should talk"

"You are not a teenager anymore Khushi and certainly I am not either. So we should be able to talk about it as adults"

"I know Arnav Ji. It's just I don't know where to start"

"How about telling me from the beginning? You were pretty aggressive last night about my decision to stay away from you. So let's start from there?"

"I was angry because you ghosted me, Arnav Ji. I was in a hell hole for a week thinking about what is so wrong with me that you not only avoided me but also stopped all communication. I was basically a nanny for that week. Now before you say I am a nanny, I should tell you. After what you and I have gone through over the last few months I deserved to be treated more than an employee"