Chapter 12

"Mom and Dad, this is Khushi, Sifu's new nanny"

Arnav introduced Khushi to his parents. Renuka was sold on Khushi when she first saw both Arnav and Khushi walking toward them. They looked good together as if they are made for each other. Renuka wanted to get to know Khushi better. But she thought to wait for her daughter so that both of them together can interrogate Khushi.

"Kuchi, come here. Sit with my dada and dadi"

"I will princess, give me a minute"

Khushi was about to leave there to prepare tea when Arnav rose his eyebrow to know what is she doing, she signaled that she is going to make tea and he gave her the go-ahead. The rest didn't notice this but Renuka who was keeping a close eye on these two saw how they spoke to each other without a single word.

That's when they heard the doorbell and Arnav got up to open the door.

"Arnav Ji, you sit, I'll open the door"

"Thanks, Khushi"

As soon as Khushi opened the front door someone hugged her with a force.

"OMG, Khushi, you have no idea how long I've waited to meet you. You look very pretty, more than I heard"

Khushi stood there without knowing what to do. This has to be Arnav's sister. Who else will barge in like this? Anjali broke the hug and,

"Oh, forgive me for my lack of manners. I am Anjali, Arnav and Akash's sister. I got so excited when you opened the door and couldn't help myself"

"Namaste Anjali Ji, come on in"

"Thanks, Khushi, and this is my husband Shyam"

"Namaste Shyam Ji, come on in"

After dinner,  everyone settled here and there. Akash, Aravind, and Shyam were already by the bar and continued drinking while Sifu was busy with her grandmother and aunt.

Khushi was in the kitchen cleaning up when Arnav walked in.

"Need any help?"

"It's ok Arnav Ji, nothing much to do. I'll be done soon, you can join Akash"

"I am a casual drinker. So I am not missing much. Sifu also needs some time alone with her grandmother and aunt so by letting me help you, you aren't actually keeping me away from anything"

When Khushi thought this man standing here cannot impress her more, he hit a sixer with this comment.

Arnav is responsible in every manner. He is totally husband material. It's a shame he does not want to get married and he is her freaking boss thought Khushi.

"So let me help you. You are actually doing me a favor. Otherwise, I will get stuck with my mother and sister, and trust me, you do not want to be in that place"

Khushi chuckled at his comment. He is the most intimidating person Khushi has ever seen. To know he gets intimidated is a shocker. Now she must spend some time with his sister and mother.

Khushi washed the dishes while Arnav dried and stacked them. Anjali and Renuka entered the Kitchen and stopped in the middle when they saw Arnav and Khushi. They were extremely closer to each other and it was clear neither of them realized how close they were.

"Mom looks like Chote is finally opening up"

"Yes Anjali, I had my eyes on these two since I got here. Believe me, something is going on. Look at them, not even a space to pass the air"

"Of course mom, I am sure that's why he hasn't fired her yet. How many nannies were fired before Khushi came"

"Ahem, Khushi, Chote"

Anjali cleared her throat to bring them out of their trance.

"Mom, Di, what are you doing here?"

Arnav knew this calls for trouble. His sister and his mother are lovely people but when they put their thinking caps on, god knows what's going to come out.

"Relax Chote, we aren't here for you. We are here to talk to Khushi. If she is going to be a part of our lives, it's only fair for us to know each other, isn't it Khushi?"

Khushi didn't know what to say. She is just the nanny. So what part of their lives she is going to be in? Do they get this close to all of Arnav's employees?

On the other hand, Arnav exactly knew where this conversation is headed and he did not want to be a part of this conversation. Continuing this means he gets himself in trouble. Therefore, he uttered a simple Sorry to Khushi and left the kitchen. Poor Khushi, stood there thinking why Arnav said Sorry.

"I hope we didn't disturb you two?"

"No, Mrs. Renuka, Arnav Ji was only helping me. I told him I don't need help but he insisted. You should know how persuasive he is"

"We know Khushi, btw, don't call me Mrs. Renuka, I know I am old but I don't want a constant reminder of it. Call me Renuka"

"Oa, How can I call you by your name? You are elder than me Renuka Ji."

"Ji is better than Mrs. So Khushi Anjali tell me that you are a final-year student?"

"Yes Renuka Ji, I am. This job is actually perfect for me. I am majoring in child phycology and this is also giving me the practical experience needed"

"Mom, stop the boring talks. So Khushi, how about your boyfriend, does he not get angry at you for doing this job? I mean, it's just you, Sifu, and Chote in the house for most of the time"

"Anjali Ji, I only have my father. Even though I feel bad for hiding this from him, I have to. He would never agree to this living situation. Desperate times, desperate measures"

"Khushi, you are telling me that a pretty girl like you don't have a boyfriend, oh come on, who are fooling"

"Believe me, Anjali Ji, at the moment my whole concentration is to do this job and completing my thesis"

Renuka appreciated Khushi's honesty. She was not like Lavanya who lived in a dream world. Khushi is living in the reality. A perfect match for Arnav.

"Relax Khushi, I was just kidding. But we are glad you are single, aren't we mom?"

Khushi was feeling very uncomfortable. Now she understood what that sorry was for. He knew where this topic is going to go and didn't even warn her.

"So, Khushi, how do you know Akash?"

"We are friends. We've known each other for years. My best friend Payal introduced me to Akash and ever since three of us are best of friends. He is like a brother I never had. Always looking out for me"

Khushi had to put it in their heads that what they are planning is not going to happen. Therefore, she brother zoned Akash once and for all.

Akash and Khushi can never be more than friends. Especially when she is attracted to his hot brother Arnav. It will be torture to get married to Akash. She'll have to see Arnav's face every day. It's a big no-no.

Poor Khushi, again her mind wired the wrong way. Here, Anjali and Renuka are planning Khushi's future with Arnav while Khushi thought they are trying to match her up with Akash.

Unknown to all three someone else was eavesdropping on this conversation and hearing Khushi's brother zoning Akash made that person very happy. 

.................................................................................................

Happy reading :) Please don't forget to vote and comment!