Chapter 19

"Sifu baby, you must be tired so what say, shall we go for a nap?"

Sifu jumped onto Khushi and they both went to her room. Khushi made sure Sifu is sleeping before she left her room. It has become Sifu's habit to sleep in her bed during the day but every night she sleeps with Khushi.

At first, Arnav didn't approve of it but later he gave in. Even if he made sure Sifu is sleeping on her bed, she would wake up late at night and will go to Khushi's room. Sifu no longer bothered to ask Khushi if she can sleep there or not. She would just walk in, jump on, hug Khushi, and sleep.

Arnav and Khushi missed their lunch because of all this Lavanya fiasco. Therefore, Khushi went to the kitchen to make something for both of them. Ever since Sifu came down to meet Lavanya, Arnav locked himself inside the study. Khushi wanted to check on him several times but she was afraid to face him. He did mention Lavanya makes him angry and Khushi didn't want to face his wrath.

She shelved a number of memories from today to cherish forever and she wasn't ready to give them up by facing Arnav. Khushi understood Arnav's anger now. He has no control over what he says or does when he is angry.

Khushi was making lunch when Arnav entered Kitchen.

"Arnav Ji, are you ok?"

"Yes Khushi, I just needed some alone time away from Lavanya. Sorry if I left you in the middle"

"That's fine. Sifu didn't seem too excited to see her as well"

"She never is. Lavanya never gave motherly vibes. For Sifu, she is someone who comes to visit her every month. I am afraid with time she will completely cut Lavanya off from her life"

"Don't mind me when I say this Arnav Ji. I know she is Sifu's mother but I am glad she is not in our, I mean Sifu's life"

Khushi's slip of the tongue didn't go unnoticed by Arnav. He slowly walked towards her and stood behind her. Then moved his face closer to her ears and asked in his husky voice,

"Only in Sifu's life? What about my life?"

Khushi shivered from their close proximity. She could feel the hot breath coming from Arnav near her ear and that was making her weak on her knees.

"I mean, both your lives Arnav Ji"

"Really Khushi"

"Ummm"

He then moved a little more closely.

"And why are you glad that she is not in our lives Khushi?"

Khushi didn't know how to answer that question. The first reason is Arnav's voice and his close proximity has taken Khushi's heartbeat and nervousness to another level making her vulnerable. The second reason is she cannot answer that without exposing her feelings to him.

Arnav moved away from her back and came in front of her.

"Khushi, I asked you a question"

Khushi didn't want to look at those Chocolate brown eyes so she looked down playing with her dress.

"Khushi,"

"Arnav Ji"

"Look at me"

Her face was still down. Arnav touched her chin and turned her face up so that he can look into her eyes.

"Answer me Khushi"

Khushi was blushing like a ripped tomato. She didn't know what to say. He was making her speechless with his gaze.

"Khushi,"

"Arnav Ji, I... I..."

Arnav didn't want to torture Khushi anymore. The poor girl was having a hard time.

"Relax Khushi"

"........"

"Khushi?"

"Arnav Ji?"

"You know what, if I get a rupee for each time you said Arnav Ji and stopped, I can buy Sifu a month worth of ice cream"

"Sorry, Arnav Ji, I was actually....."

"Relax Khushi, I was just kidding. I have an important meeting to attend. You have your lunch and I'll have mine after the meeting"

"Are you sure?"

"Khushi, I am sure I can manage one meal by myself. I am not that useless"

He winked at her and left the kitchen.

Khushi stood there without knowing how to react. Was he flirting with her? No, that cannot be. He is Arnav Singh Raizada. Khushi has to stop daydreaming.

Akash came home that evening. It was the first time in a week he is home.

"Omg Akash, I feel like I haven't seen you in years. What's keeping you so busy in the hostel?"

"I had my exams Khushi. So was studying with friends. You tell me, how are you? How's your thesis going? 2 more months and you are done"

"I can't express how relieved I am Akash, it's almost done and I am thinking of an early submission"

"That's a great idea. So what are you planning after that?"

"What do you mean?"

"In your career, your life, I mean come on, you can't do this forever"

"At the moment I am concentrating on finishing the thesis and submitting it to Akash. After it gets approved I will start thinking. I am in no hurry because I love this job"

"That I know Khushi"

"What's this all about Akash?"

"Nothing, I was just asking. Btw, do you when my brother is going to come?"

"He is at home. Attending a meeting"

"Really, you know what, there was a time we hardly saw him at home, but nowadays, whenever I come, he is home"

"Akash, stop using something you have very little of"

"Means?"

"Your brain. He is home because Lavanya was here before"

"Damn, really? Excuse me Khushi"

Saying that Akash walked towards the study room. His brother must be furious. He has seen this before. Whenever Arnav meets Lavanya, he gets angry and the results were never good.

"Bhai, are you in there?"

"Oh Akash, come on in"

"Hope I am not disturbing?"

"Not really, I just finished my meeting and was about to go down to have lunch. Khushi and I both missed lunch because of Lavanya. I am sure we have enough food. So let's have lunch and talk, shall we?"

"As you say Bhai"

Akash followed Arnav trying to figure out what has gotten into him. Arnav was in good mode, he conducted a meeting, he was talking to Akash in his normal voice, his study room was not a mess, and he was actually going to eat. All of the things he never did before after meeting Lavanya.

Akash wanted to think the reason is not Khushi, but he knew the exact reason. He was happy for his brother. He knows Khushi and she will make Arnav's life a better one. After all, the things he has gone through, he deserves this.

Love changes us and helps us move forward in life. It often helps us become the people we always wanted to be and move away from the people we were. Love transforms us in the best of ways, allowing us only to look back on a memory of our former selves. 

...........................................................................................

Happy Sunday reading everyone :)

Hope you enjoyed reading chapter 19. Please don't forget to vote and comment :)