26.

HEAVEN'S POV:
A WEEK LATER

"Heaven, you're like Ariana to me. I would never want my children to lie to me, Dear. Tell me, are you happy with this marriage? "

Julian's mom held her waiting eyes up at mine as that luminous charm of her face seemed to fade. My heart shivered at thought of denying. Just to save that dying ray of hope in her eyes, those fingers clasped in front of her chest, I would lie, I would accept that lie and make it my truth.

I never saw love of a mother. If it wasn't for Mimi, I would have never had a mother figure in my life to feel what it is like to have a pair of soft eyes gazing upon you with all the mercy, love and pride like you're the most wonderful art she's ever seen.

God knows what I would do to feel what a mother's love feels like. For me, Dad never let me have this thought of being incomplete, he was everything for me, my mom, my dad, the best teacher, my everything.

Today when I see her, I feel everything that I imagined it would feel like. She offered me nothing but respect everytime, even before she knew me. I can never dare to break her trust. I'm greedy for this, but I can't bear to see her pain as I dig holes in her heart with my truth.

"Heaven.." She whispered.

I held her hand in mine, my eyes tearing up as I battled my own words and feelings.

"I am. This place has given me everything that I'm... not even deserving of. I'd always love this family like my own.... "

"And Julian?... Do you love him? "

My heart skipped a beat, sinking to the bottom of the void that formed in me as soon as those words formed a sentence. This situation seemed so dreamy that my even imagination would retaliate to reach.

Love is a forbidden word.

My breathe became shallow as my mind sank back in puzzles and hallucinations.

My cheeks began to burn and I struggled to hold my emotions to myself.

How can I love someone who's binding me to this endless game of fate, who's behind why everything became so twisted, who's so off limits that even thoughts of him feel forbidden gems, who's never left my thoughts since that first meeting, since that first touch, since....

"Do you?? "

My breathe rose in impatience, emptiness seeping through my veins as I tried to hold back my imaginations that kept me wandering off to the forbidden.

"Ma... ! "

Ariana's voice chimed in like a breeze of fresh air and new life to me.

The door swung open and she walked in, hurriedly.

"Heaven...."

Ariana glanced over at my face, red and completely drained of life. She raised her eyebrow in surprise but her face relaxed in some realization. She approached us, smiling.

"Ma, come on. It's her first weekend after such a busy week. We shouldn't be here. Let's give her some time to rest."

She looked at me over her shoulder and flashed a smile of assurance. She waved at me as she dragged her mom along with her, closing the door shut to a numbing sound of fading footsteps and their muffled voices.

I looked over to my side, the mighty sun rising with gleaming unfolding layers, reflecting onto the valley like it does on the ocean.

It's too early in the day to be thinking this, but this torn up situation is breaking me apart everytime I come across it. How do I encounter Julian's mom without feeling like a criminal? What if I tell her the truth and walk away? But then, what about her, what about everyone?