Seventeen

Olivia sat on hopes bed as Josie stroked at Hopes fur.

"What's going on with us, hope?" Josie asked as she continued to stroke at her best friends fur.

The Tribrid let out a small growl that sounded like a whine and rested her head on her paws. "Things just seems to keep getting worst and worst and I just want to be happy, you know?" Josie asked hope as the wolf continued to rest on her paw.

—"mommy?" Olivia asked as her ears flared up.

Josie eyes shot over to her daughter and she sent her a soft smile. "What's up sweetie?"

"Hope hurt?" Olivia asked as her pout began to be noticeable.

Josie shook her head and got up from the floor. she noticed Olivia's change in calling Hope by her name instead of what she usually called her, but she didn't think to much into it.

—"why don't we go get you something to eat."

"But..h..hope s..scared." Olivia frowned before climbing down from the bed.

Josie picked up the young auburn haired girl, "Hope is fine, she will be okay.." Josie assured.

The brunette then walked out of the room and towards Hope's kitchen.

-

After a few minutes, Olivia sat at the chair to the countertop, as she drunk some juice from her favorite cup.

Josie leaned against the kitchen counter as she took a sip of the tea that she just made.

They sat there in silence as josie was just lost in thought.

Just a while ago, everything was great. Everything in Josie's life was amazing. Life couldn't have been better with Olivia and Hope in Josie's life.

—"Josie.." Hope voice broke the silence as the brunette and young auburnette's eyes shot over to her. "Josie." Her voice made her sound broken.

"Aww, Hope." Josie rushed over to her best friend and she held onto her. "I'm here, whatever you want to say, I'll be here to hear you, and to listen to you, okay?" Josie assured as she held tighter onto the shorter girl.

Hope sighed as she just rested her head onto Josie's chest. "Jed.. he knew." Hope admits before her eyes shot over to her daughter. "At the party, when I was drunk, Jed.. he saw me heading to the bathroom and I guess he saw what happened, I don't think he got the idea of what I've done.. until I remembered him at the hospital. He was there and he was with some witch." Hope ranted on as she pulled back from Josie. "I don't know what he's planning to do but I know it isn't good."

Josie rubbed her thumb to wipe the tears off of hopes face and she frowned. "Why are you crying, Hope?" The brunette asked.

"I couldn't escape. I.. I was lost into this black space and you were gone and Olivia was too... I.. I didn't know if I would ever escape and it scared me a lot because I don't want to ever lose you, either of you." Hope voice was filled in sorrow as she glanced down at her fingers.

Josie smiled slightly and held up Hope's chin. "We aren't going anywhere okay? That was just some made up hallucination." Josie assured as she ran her hands up and down Hope's arm. "We have some things to talk about and we can't do that if I don't know how to help you,"

"I'm fine, I promise." Hope assured but the brunette didn't believe it.

Josie sighed before she took her phone and walked in the living room and away from Olivia and her best friend.

She called up Lizzie as she ran her fingers stressfully through her hair. "Hi, Lizzie I need to ask you for a favor."

Lizzie seemed already suspicious of the sudden call but she didn't point it out. "It depends on the favor." She assured.

"Can you watch Olivia, for just a couple of hours and-"

"Sure, that's not a problem. I would never miss out on an opportunity to watch my niece." Lizzie assured.

The brunette chewed at her bottom lip before smiling. "Thank you so much."

"Yeah anytime, I'm going to start heading my way over there now, I'm in town anyways."

"In town for what?" Josie questioned as she turned around to see Olivia and Hope smiling, and giggling.

—"well, if you must know, I was getting me a job and helping out with the recruits for the Salvatore school, mom sent me." Lizzie admits.

Josie just briefly nodded her head. "Okay, I'll see you in a bit?"

"Sure thing."

-

Lizzie had came to pick up Olivia about 5 minutes ago and Josie was still thinking about how she might solve her little problem.

Hope sat in the living as she stared in space for the last few minutes.

Josie took a deep breath before she walked in and sat next to her best friend. "Hope, what's the matter?"

"I'm scared." She answered as she still looked into the open space. "I'm scared that I'm not going to be enough to protect you and Olivia from whatever danger is coming." She admits truthfully

—"you don't need to put everything on yourself, when we entered this relationship and even established ourselves as best friends, you should have known that you weren't in this alone, and I'm sure that this so called danger isn't nothing that we can't face together."

Hope slowly nodded as she turned over to Josie. "So we're together?" She asked with a small smirk forming on her face.

Josie rolled her eyes. "That's all you got from that whole conversation?"

The auburn haired girl shrugged. "No, but that's what really stood out to me, I mean I would die to be the all famous Josie saltzman's girlfriend, that's only if you would have me, unless you want finch." She rolled her eyes.

Josie nudged her in her side, "Hope, I've already told you that I want you and only you."

"Can you tell me it again?" Hope grinned from ear to ear.

The brunette groaned and rolled her eyes. "Hope Andrea Mikaelson, I want you, and only you."

Hope shook her head. "That wasn't believable, try again."

Josie pulled Hope at her shirt as she leaned in for a kiss. "I.." Josie trailed off as she pecked Hope on the lips once again. "Want.." she trailed off again as she moved her kisses towards Hope's exposed neck. "You.." Josie leaned forward and moved her lips to Hope's ears. "And only you." She whispered as she slowly leaned back.

She was proud of herself. She ran her hands down her legs as she smiled. "Now that we got that out of the way, I was thinking that maybe we could have a little fun of our own." She chewed at her bottom lip.

The auburn haired girl grinned and leaned forward to her girlfriend, and she placed a small and simple peck onto the younger girls lips. "What fun did you have in mind?"

Josie only smiled before pulling Hope over and towards her.