Chapter 32

A couple of days later...

Nya felt the sensation of a sneeze coming but we all know it wasn't a sneeze at all. As she sat on the couch with her feet firmly planted on the carpet and her fingers laced together on her lap her eyes lit up. Normally she would try to hide it, but this time she wasn't phased. She watched as Vince paced back and forth before her. "Where is Lee?" She asks.

He rolls his eyes and stops in front of her. "Is there anything else that matters to you?"

Her back straightens. She didn't know why but the question offended her. His expression was so serious and accusatory. The veins in his neck and temple were popping out and when he spoke it was between his teeth. "She wasn't there when I woke up is all." Her lashes flutter as her glowing gaze dims until it diminishes. "I..."

"I sent her to assist with training this morning, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a second with you. I can't even speak to you in my own house. You're sending me mad."

"Please don't make me tell her." She begs.

He grinds on his teeth. "I will do anything for you Nya, but your sister not knowing is something we can't get around. For the sake of your relationship with her I want it to come from you."

"But."

"Look, tonight is the full moon. I'm having a hard time staying away from you right now. Can you imagine what it's going to be like for me tonight? I can't promise restraint. You can't put this off any longer."

"But I reject you. You just can't decide what's going on between us. If you don't want to be with her anymore then fine. Let us both go."

"I can decide whatever I want." He crosses his arms. "You don't seem to get it. Imprinting is not something you can turn off. I want to be patient with you, I am willing to give you time and space but all the fighting and denying, and prolonging you are doing is giving me no choice. Honestly, you think we can go on like this forever?"

"It doesn't matter. The look on her face when she thought something was going on between us. I can't tell her. Why should I when it will only hurt her? Nothing else will come of it. Nothing else."

"If you think you're going to get 10ft away from where I know you are, you are naive. Fine, you want to get real, I'll get real. You may never accept me but you will be right here by my side. I will never let you go. So what you need to do is tell her the truth before you do what you're trying to prevent and hurt her, and even more because of your lies. She will be able to get over my feelings for you but will she get over your betrayal?

She lets out a long dragged-out breath. Her stomach churned so hard that her breakfast wanted to come back out. This was going to hurt Lee but she realized that if she was in her sister's position she would want to be told. "You're right." Ughh she felt so sick.

"Today." He demands "We can't wait any longer. I'm going crazy here."

She stares down into her lap. Her insides knotted up so tightly. She could only hope that Lee would understand. She has to understand. Please god, make her understand. "Okay..."

"I promise, it's going to be alright. Maybe not easy but eventually it will get better."

She nods. Alright? Her and Malina's relationship is one of a kind, they were closer than close. Being alright doesn't sound right.