Chapter 41

Nya's stomach soured looking and smelling the dead bodies trapped in the room with her. They were three of them, naked and covered in dingy spider veins. Two men and a woman. She had to stop herself from gagging because of the pain it would cause. The body of the woman that was on the end closest to the wall was even more terrifying than the two beside her. It was pale green with mutated boils protruding out everywhere and pus leaking from them.  These bodies looked experimented on. Like they mixed wolfsbane with different agents and injected it into innocent wolves to see what would happen. A nasty sickening feeling settled in the pit of her stomach. She knew that they were bad, that they didn't like rules being placed over them, but she didn't know that they were evil.

The swelling around her eyes and head hindered some of her vision as she slowly scanned the room. There were four silver shelf racks around her and the bodies. They were stacked with bottles and jars that seemed to be filled with different liquid and powder substances.  Cautiously she moves her legs. It was almost unbearable. Something was torn and something else was broken. They felt like blocks of lead as she shifted each thigh to the side and dropped her weight to her feet. "Ahh..." She slowly took a few wobbly steps and braced herself as she examined the contents. She couldn't understand any big complicated words written on the bottles but it gave her an idea.

She reached into her back pocket choked up with hope and fear and yes. A small book of matches that she used to light a candle earlier was still there. She slid it into the back pocket of her shorts without thinking and she was glad she did. She would bet anything that at least one of the chemicals was flammable.

She grabbed a jug that looked like vinegar and turned around. The sight of the bodies was in view again. It made her stomach churn. Then an idea hit her. She didn't know if it would work or if she was on a suicide mission but she was probably dead anyway. She limps her way at a snail's pace to the woman's body. She held her hands over where she could see multiple injection points on her green arm and concentrated really hard on it. Like it was instinct her eyes lit up glowing like stars in the night sky but her body was weak and began shivering. She was using all the strength she had left to pull the poison out of the dead woman and into her own and it was working. She couldn't believe it. It was tremendously painful but she was doing it. She started breathing as heavy as her lungs would allow and sweat beads were forming on her forehead in the icy-cold room. She was dizzy and the world around looked as if it was twirling. Until finally she absorbed it all with less than a second to spare before her legs gave way. She collapsed but she was determined not to lose consciousness.  She stayed with her back flat on the frosty ground breathing heavily for some time before being able to get up.

She begins picking random chemicals and sprinkling them all over the back of the room as best she could with her restrictions. She then takes out the books of matches and strikes one hoping that in the freezing room, it would ignite. She braces her back on the cold door and mentally crosses her fingers. This was all her chips pushed to the center of the poker table. She had nothing left to bet. She throws the match and instantly flames rise. It worked. The chilled room was quickly becoming hot. She looks up at the smoke detector and like she was a magician it starts to ring off.

Ten seconds went by and the smoke was getting thick fast. She starts struggling to breathe even more, coughing up soot but getting no clean air back down. Another ten seconds went by and the heat of the fire was starting to kiss her skin. Someone needed to open the door and fast or she was a goner. Another ten seconds of no clean air for her lungs and the door swings open making her fall to the ground on the outside gasping for oxygen.

"What the fuck have you done?" Axel steps on her fingers as he enters the room to inspect. "You stupid bitch." He growls as he flees to get a fire extinguisher that was down the hall. She moves out of the way just as he rushes back and starts spraying the room. She slides and slides trying to get to the wall where she could have some help getting up but she just wasn't able to. Axel seemed to have the fire under control and was seething on his way back to her. He cocks his hand back and... whack. "Bitch!" He slaps her so hard her eyes nearly popped out and the fresh cut on her lips reopens making her taste the metallic taste of her blood once again.