Chapter 33

Some hours later...

When Vince arrived back at Dark grounds he was informed of a hang-out going on down by the lake and that Nya and Malina were there instead of at home like he ordered.  He whipped his vehicle down there in the blink of an eye it felt like. He pulls into the parking area and looks out into the water. He could spot Nya anywhere. She was shoulder-deep with her sister and others around looking like they were having a good time. He had the mind to haul her out without caring about who was watching but he wouldn't. He wouldn't ruin the time with her sister. He puts the truck into reverse and drives home.

Straight into his study he goes and pours himself a rare glass of bourbon on the rocks. He sits on his comfy reclining office chair leaning back before taking a large savoring gulp of rum. She was killing him. His patience was running thin but whenever he would think about the pain it would cause her if he took things into his own hands it thickened. He throws his head back and closes his eyes. He could feel the moon's energy growing and with it, his power. His dominance, his desires, his perseverance, and his possessive nature were all heightening. Maybe tonight wasn't the best night to come clean to Malina. He grits his teeth. More waiting.

After a rare minute to himself, he gets back to things on his list. He was trying to buy a few hundred acres of property over the territory line and a plan of offense had to be made against the rogues. Before long it was almost completely dark out and Nya and Malina had arrived home. He listens to their goofiness as they run up for showers and then go into the kitchen to make dinner. Grilled lamb chops, some kind of wild rice, and salad.

It annoyed the hell out of him when Malina was the one to bring him his dinner. He rolled his eyes and refused. "I'm busy, take it away." He doesn't even look away from his desk.

Hesitantly, she backs away and about ten minutes later, Nya comes in. "I made this for you." She sets the plate down.

He sharply narrows his glare from his work to her. "Why didn't you bring it for me then?"

"I..." She bites her lips.

He rolls his eyes. "Just go."

"Yes, Alpha Sir," She turns away.

He digs right in and as he ate he listened to them decide on a movie and settle in the living room. Before long the moon was high in the sky. He kept hoping Nya would tell her sister the truth but he never heard the words come out of her mouth. He stops hearing sounds at all after a while and when he goes seeking he finds them asleep on opposite ends of the sectional. He wanted to take his mate to bed, his bed, but this sight between them wouldn't be that common soon. For Nya, he goes back to his study. He would be lying if he said that he wasn't irritated but knowing that she fell asleep happy and peaceful eased him mentally.

He finished up what he was working on and goes upstairs for a shower. He was wishing Nya was with him, wishing she was waiting for him in the bed. He was being too soft. He should've forced the conversation to happen, he kept thinking. Once he is finished he puts on a pair of boxers and gets into bed.

He was asleep faster than he thought he would be but was soon awoken. He opens his eyes and looks at the creaking door to see Nya sliding in. Yes. He was hoping for this. He could tell by her dazed eyes that she was sleepwalking. He props his head up with a forearm and watches as she gets halfway into the room and halts.
His fingers rubbed together. "Come here."

As if he compelled her she moves forward and crawls under the covers and into his open waiting arms. She snuggles into him and lays her cheek on his peck. A low grumble releases itself from his throat. It was comfort, mixed with relief, and a triple dose of a muscle relaxer hitting him all at once. His eyes roll back in his head, his nostrils fill with her scent and his lips mumble her name. "Nya..." He tugs her as close as she could get and closes his eyes. It was immeasurable the amount of satisfaction he felt just holding her.