Chapter 17: The Mane Event

You and the Rainbooms were at Applejack's place, practicing the musical counter-spell in the barn next to the house.

Unfortunately Twilight's singing is off-key and you along with the rest of the girls are having trouble playing your instruments at the right notes for the song which meant that the girls couldn't transform.

Eventually you all stopped playing and looked down.

Spike: "Um that sounded way better than the last five times you've played it." He tried to reassure you all.

Big Mac: "Nnope." He said as walked by.

Rainbow Dash: "I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with the counter-spell."

Applejack: "You turnin' what should be the chorus into a five minute guitar solo?" She said a little annoyed with Rarity agreeing with her.

Rainbow Dash: "I have to pick up the slack somehow! Are you guys even trying?!"

Fluttershy: "I'm trying."

F/N: "We're all trying. We just have to keep practicing until we get the counter-spell down."

Twilight Sparkle: "It's fine. It'll be fine." She laughed nervously. "One more time from the top!" She said.

Rarity: "Or perhaps we can take a short break, try on some wardrobe choices I've put together?" She suggested as she takes out a rack which had some outfits on. "I'm particularly fond of this one." She said as she puts on a fancy jacket.

Rarity: "Of course we could always go with something a bit more modern."

Applejack: "We tryin' to save our school here. Enough with the costumes!" She scolds Rarity who quickly changed outfits into a Daft Punk outfit.

Rarity: "Oh you can never have enough costumes!" She said as the helmet she's wearing makes her voice robotic.

F/N: "Sorry Rare but I gotta agree with AJ. Saving our school is more important."

Rarity: "Wha-You too?!" She said shocked as she was back in her normal outfit.

Pinkie Pie: "She just wants to make things fun! Isn't that what being in a band supposed to be?" She said unhappy and played a rimshot on her drums.

F/N: "Look I get that you want to have fun but if the Dazzlings gain more power through negativity then who know what they'll do when they gain enough power. They might even try to take over our world since they couldn't take over Equestria." You explained.

Sunset Shimmer: "None of you have time for this!" She said, getting everyone's attention. "You're suppose to check in at the Battle of the Bands in fifteen minutes." She said which made all you gasp in realization and started to get ready for the battle of the bands.

Twilight Sparkle: "What?! But it's not ready! If we play our counter-spell in the first round and it doesn't work, the sirens will know what we're up to and make sure we don't get a chance to play it again!" She said which made everyone stop what they were doing.

F/N: "Twilight's right. If we try the counter-spell in the first round and it doesn't work, the sirens will be on to us and make sure we don't get a second chance. So there's only one thing to do, we need to buy ourselves some time until Twilight can complete the counter-spell." You said.

Rarity: "But how do you propose we do that?"

F/N: "There's only one choice, we have to compete in the Battle of the Bands for real."

Rainbow Dash: "Then I take lead vocals again and we stay alive until the finals and we will unleash the counter-spell at the finals." She said before looking at Twilight. "You'll have it figured it out by the finals, right Twilight?" She asked Twilight who looked nervous.