30

once leah had been told she was out of the game for a while she broke down again. she wouldn't stop blaming herself and it began to affect liv.

there was nothing worse than seeing the person you loved most in the world hating themselves.

the car ride was immediately forgotten and leah was glued to liv.

they had both decided that leah should come back to Milton Keynes, not only so that she's not alone but so she can have a break.

although it wasn't under the greatest circumstances leah needed a minute to recollect herself, after the euros she had been non stop working hard in both national and club.

so liv packed leah a bag and the two girls were driving home, now the car ride was still silent but the tight grip leah had on her girlfriends hand relaxed Olivia and the journey went by quickly.

leah had called her mum once she found out that she wouldn't be able to play and Amanda was heart broken for her little girl. leah didn't know anything but football it's what her schedule relied around, if anyone asked her to go out for the night she had to base it around her training and games.

this wasn't the life leah wanted to live but she know if she wanted to do what's she's dreamed of since she was little it was clear she was going to have to give up luxuries that many people take for granted.

liv wanted leah to stay with her but she knew that wouldn't be fair, right now leah needs to be surrounded by her family and that's okay. liv just wants to be there for leah like the blonde has been there for her so many times.

luckily liv had a quiet day in the salon and the two ladies she was supposed to have in today thankfully agreed to come in tomorrow leaving liv working a 12 hour shift tomorrow, but at least she could go and get leah that was all she was worried about.

on the journey to Milton Keynes leah had brought up the idea of going to California for a week of two to go and see some old friends. liv encouraged the idea wanting Leah to have the best break she could.

Olivia wished she could've come but she's been having a-lot of time off lately and that's not something you can afford to do when being a self employed hair dresser.

once the two girls arrived outside the Williamson household liv helped Leah  into the house before staying for a few minutes but eventually deciding to leave the family to have their own time.

"you don't have to go." leah whispered as liv was hugging her goodbye.

"you need time with your family lee, i know you and there's nothing more you want right now then spending time with the people you love most. especially when your feeling so vulnerable and fragile, you have had a difficult day." Leah knew she was right. "i will text you once i get home, and i will come and see you as much as i can but please stop beating yourself up and text the England girls Georgia messaged me wondering how you were because you just left without saying goodbye." liv got sterner near the end of her speech.

"i just felt embarrassed i didn't want sympathy from the girls because it was completely my fault but don't worry i will text them." liv was happy with leah's answer and kissed her lightly.

"i love you and call me before you go to sleep."

"i love you more, thank you for putting up with me today i know i haven't been the easiest." leah laughed.

"that's why i'm your girlfriend because i can put up with you even when your being difficult."

liv said goodbye to the rest of leah's family before getting into her car and driving herself home.