44

ebony was a no show.

liv could finally breathe without looking over at the empty seats incase one eventually became taken.

once the match had finished liv raced down to the pitch in order to grab the attention of Keira who was walking laps.

The red-head bounded over with a huge smile and squeezed the younger girl.

"have you seen le?" Olivia asked once Keira pulled away.

"yeah she was just th-" Kiera trailed of as the blonde was no longer where she left her.

"uh no sorry liv, i don't" Keira confusedly spoke.

liv just shook her head with a small smile and went on her way.

she was on a mission to not only find her girlfriend but Jordan too and by the looks of things nothing was stopping her.

liv walked back to Keira and asked for help to get onto the pitch.

once the brunette made her way onto the turf she gave Keira a quick hug before making her way into the lionesses changing room.

"Leah?" liv spoke before she entered.

the blonde was sat in her cubby with her head between her hands.

all the annoyance Olivia once felt was washed away in an instant as she cradled her girlfriend in her arms.

"what's wrong?" liv spoke quietly as she pressed a kiss to Leah's head.

"i'm so sorry." liv only sighed in response and carried on stroking her fingers on Leah's back.

"it was my fault that you had to see ebony, if i didn't make you come to the match it wouldn't of happened." Leah stumbled on her words a couple times.

"Leah believe it or not i'm an adult, younger than you, but still an adult. yes it wasn't the best feeling in the world seeing ebony but i have to learn to get over it, if she makes Jordan happy who am i to stand in the middle of that." liv said in hopes to calm down the England captain.

"i just want to protect you all the time, and knowing i wasn't able to protect you then made me think it was all my fault." said leah as she pulled her face from her girlfriends neck.

"nothing will ever be your fault le, it's just one of those things." liv spoke in order to calm leah down.

in all honesty it wasn't Leah's fault, no one could've known ebony was Jordan's secret lover. however, she is so it was time for Olivia to act like an adult and let the situation roll of her back.

Leah was eventually able to calm down, she apologised for ghosting her girlfriend which liv reluctantly accepted.

the brunette had to remind her girlfriend of her age and how childish her actions were no matter the circumstances.

now that was one person ticked of ollie's list, Jordan nobbs was the next.

jordan wasn't as hard to find due to all the girls making there way back from the field.

"jordan." liv spoke as she spotted jordan laughing with a few of the other girls.

jordan's took a deep breathe before making her way over to the girl.

what she wasn't expecting was to be brought into a tight hug, she wasn't complaining though, Jordan relaxed into the taller girls embrace as they both stood there for as long as they needed.

"i am so sorry for how i acted and what i said. there will never be an excuse for that and i can only apologise, i was childish and i can accept that. your someone that i consider a best friend liv and for me to be so nasty to you, is disappointing. i am so disappointed in my own behaviour." Jordan spoke quietly into Liv's neck.

"it's okay, i shouldn't of said that i wouldn't able to be friends with you because of ebony. i could put you in a situation like that jords so i'm sorry to. i can not come between your relationship, i'm still so happy for you Jordan and i love you." liv replied with a light peck to the crown of the lionesses head.

the very short list that liv had to talk to was now completed and able to be put to the back of her mind.

once the pair walked into the changing room they were met with the booming music and sights of Lucy trying to get Keira to dance.

liv shook her head with a laugh and parted from Jordan in order to make her way back to Leah, who was now stood talking Alessia.

the brunette crept up behind her and lightly jabbed her sides making the captain squirm in order to get out of her arms.

"not funny." Leah deadpanned as she turned around with a straight face.

"mhm." liv said as she pulled leah closer and mumbled an apology against the blondes lips.

Alessia was long gone by now.

"apology accepted." Leah softly spoke before she attached her lips with liv's.

"get a room" Rach shouted as she through her sweaty shirt towards the couple.

"we're good, thank you though." liv quipped back once leah pulled away.

"your getting too comfortable my girl." rach laughed back as she made her way towards the pair so she could collect her shirt from the floor.

"you love me though." liv laughed as Rachel pulled her in for a side hug.

"unfortunately" rach joked with a roll of her eyes, as she pulled the girl towards the mayhem of loud england players.

Leah just watched on from her cubby, a smile extremely visible on her face.

she couldn't ask for a better team, the way liv fits in perfectly is something she never could of expected.

it was a pleasant surprise, seeing her girlfriend interact with the people leah calls her second family it brings up emotions she couldn't put into words.

pretty sure the beaming smile on her face was doing all the talking honestly.

authors note:
longer chapter!! only one last chapter then a small bonus chapter for the conti cup final. i love them all so much!!!! just want to take a quick second to express how i feel about jonas at the minute. Jodie Taylor being signed for the end of the season? don't get me wrong are we in desperate need for a striker with experience, yes!! but if he isn't giving these top tier players game time realistically what is the point of signing new players even if it is until the end of the season? during the transfer window was when he should've been signing strikers🤷‍♀️

-f