Chapter 19

Juliette's POV

Darkness.....dreadly darkness.....and a dangerous silence.....I was walking ahead in the thick dark woods, determined to get out of there.....Suddenly, the air around me was so chilly as if informing me of the arrival of something...or someone. My walking started to pick up it's pace into running. I could see some sort of clearing in the distance which seemed like my way out. I was running desperate to make it there. But something seemed to getting closer and closer from behind me as I ran....I was too scared to turn around. Just when I thought I was almost there, I hear the whisper...."Juliette..." The word literally touched my ear. I jumped in horror and turned back only to see him. Those eyes shining as they burned red and looking into my soul....

I snapped out of the dream and got up immediately.

I gasped and was struggling for breath. Gosh....that was a dream. My heart beat picked up its speed. I closed my eyes, pulled my knees up and leaned my face on them.

A knock on the door. "Juliette?" called Sarah.

"Yeah...Come in.." I said, still recovering from what I can call a Nightmare.

She walked in slowly and flashed a beautiful smile at me. "Good Morning", she greeted.

"Good morning"

"Did you sleep well last night?" she asked sitting on the bed.

I let out a deep breath. Upon seeing me she asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Its....just... I have trouble sleeping sometimes."

I could see concern in her eyes. "I mean...it's a new place. so... Don't worry. I'll be back to normal in no time."

"Oh no Jules...Can I call you Jules?" she asked.

"Absolutely." I answered with a smile.

"You could've come downstairs. I was up almost all night."

Her face was pure and exhibited genuineness. I wonder how a couple with their safe and peaceful lives got ready to take up a job this dangerous. If George so much as gets a hint of these people having me, I don't even know what he would do to them. I don't even want to think about it. Why are these people risking their lives for me? They don't even know me.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked Sarah.

She nodded. I could see a pinch of curiosity in her eyes.

"Why are you doing this?"

She seemed to have understood what's going on in my mind. The slight frown on her face began to vanish replacing it with a knowing smile. I continued my question.

"You only met me yesterday. You said you knew the alpha is looking for me and you know how dangerous he is. Then why are you putting your lives at risk for a person you barely know?"

Her answer kind of surprised me. " I may not have met you before Juliette. But I know you more than you think."

"What? How? How do you know me?"

Just then, Steve called out to Sarah. " Babe where is the maple syrup?"

He knocked the door and entered inside. "SSup beautiful? Up so early huh?" he asked me. I replied with a smile.

"Isn't someone late for work?" Sarah asked walking towards him.

"Yeah...someone is."he said with a smirk. Their looks told me that they could eat each other up if I wasn't in the room. So they just limited the show to kisses.