Chapter 21

Juliette's POV

"I am fine Jenny. How is Sam doing? Yeah.  About that, Can you do me a favor? If anyone other than Claire or Marc comes to you asking for me, just tell them you didn't receive any information about me. Please. This is Important....."

I can hear Aunt Jenna panicking. "Dear. what is wrong? Did something happen?"

"No. No Jenna. Its just that the Alpha here is kind of an asshole. He rubs his nose into everyone's business. I just want you to stay out of danger as much as possible. Please. Do this for me. Do not tell anyone about me. Just say you don't know okay?"

There was a pause. Aunt Jenna let out a sigh and said "Okay dear."

"OK. Talk to you later then. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up. Let out a huge breath. I came and sat on my bed. What am I doing? Why did all this bullshit happen to me? And how long do I have to hide from him? I tried calling Claire on the phone. But the line's busy. Is she safe? A thousand thoughts are flying in my head. I decided to first freshen up a little , call Claire and look for work here. I can't sit inside these walls anymore. I'm gonna go crazy.

................................................................................................................................................................................

After taking a shower, I put on a Tee and a jeans and headed downstairs. Steve is having Coffee near the Kitchen.

"Good Morning" I said entering the kitchen.

"Hey. How did your shopping go yesterday? I was late from work so I couldn't meet u last night."

"It was good. Sarah's got a great taste."

"Thanks!!!" I hear Sarah coming from her room as she thanks me.

"I've been trying to call Claire and the line wouldn't get connected for some reason. Can I use your phone? May be there's something wrong with mine." I said.

"Sure." Steve gave me his phone. I called Claire and its the same here.

"Not connecting." I cut the call. " It's weird. She always answers. She said she was moving from Marc's place so that George wouldn't know about us. That's it. I couldn't talk to her after that." I started panicking.

Sarah came to me with the breakfast and said "Hey. Don't worry. I will track her on GPS. I'm sure she is having a problem with her phone." She placed the breakfast near me on the table and went to her phone.

Steve and I are having breakfast now. "Yesterday, when you came into my room, Sarah was telling me that she knew me more than I think. What did she mean by that? Why did you guys agree to help me knowing that it was a risk to both of your lives?"

Steve sighed slowly. While chewing he spoke. "Well, Juliette, I don't think there is any reason not to tell you." he said.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Do you know who rebels are?" asked Steve.

"Yeah. I think I do. Aunt Jenny told me that they were the ones who fought for human power. They wanted humans to be free again and not be afraid of any other species."

"Yes. You are correct. Sarah and I both belong to the rebel families. Both our parents fought for our race's freedom."

My eyes widened. Rebels? They don't look like any of them. Not that I've seen one.

"Sarah's father was a noble man. He risked his life and fought many battles with the werewolves. His courage was outstanding. He was about my age, when one of the female wolves approached him to be hers. She offered him all the money and power to rule the humans. But he refused. Furious she wolf surrounded him with her soldiers. She presented him with two options. Either live with him or Die in the hands of her soldiers."

I kept listening with my eyes wide open.

"He didn't like the option of being killed by a werewolf. But he knew clearly that he was outnumbered. So he took out his sword and said "I would gladly die for my people than be with you and be a traitor", saying that, he chopped off his own head."

I was speechless. Steve added. "Sarah was 6 years old when that happened."

"Oh my god!!! I didn't know she went through such a pain. I was 3 or 4 when my parents died in a car accident. I can understand what it feels like." I said.

"Yes. When we heard from Marc that you've been captured and tried to kill yourself, you reminded us of her father. So to answer your question, That is why we decided to help you at any cost." he said smiling.

That was the moment I felt very brave. I knew that I'm similar to a hero like Sarah's father in some way. It made me feel good about myself. A proud smile crept on to my face and I said "Thank you."

Just then, Sarah returned from the hall with her phone. Her face is flushed. She pointed to her phone and said to us. "I just tracked your sister." Steve and I stood up and waited for what she was about to say.

Sarah walked towards me and handed me her phone. I looked at the map which was showing my sister's location and my heartbeat picked up its pace.

Claire was in George's house.

...........................................................................................................................................................................