Chapter - 2

Juliette

It was almost  8 in the morning and We were all waiting for Mr. Turner to arrive. I have not seen Amy that excited in all the time I've been with her. She looked different, her hair color was different and it was done in a cute side bun. Her long lashes looked even longer and dragged all the focus to her hazel eyes. In her black polka dot blouse and pencil skirt, she looked stunning.

Wait a minute. 

Is this called The Turner effect? As a matter of fact, all the ladies in here including Kate look different. No way. They were all into him?  

Hahaha!!! Well this is gonna be fun to watch! 

Kate and Amy were going through the presentations while I arranged all the powerpoints together for them. Since I was new, Kate cut me some slack and excluded me from the presentation. Nevertheless, I was still nervous because I was the one who'd cross-checked all the data. Any mistake might lead them to conclude with my ineffectiveness.

When I entered the washroom, Amy was standing infront of the mirror and fixing her dress.

"How do I look? " she asked.

"One hundred percent presentable," I assured her.

She grinned and turned back to the mirror. She undid her blouse button and looked at me.

"Now?"

With wide eyes, I hesitated. " Well, you don't want to come off as trying too hard."

She nodded "Yeah, you're right," she buttoned it back.

I chuckled and went in to pee.

I started wondering what is it that made these women struggle for the attention of the Alpha. I don't know if it's the looks since I haven't seen him. But I kind of had a feeling that it had something to do with the power he possessed. The Alpha title, maybe? Some women could fall for that. Based on what Marc had told me, George Turner was a man to staw away from and that there was a monster beneath that calm facade. Is that it? Were they going for the 'Danger' factor? 

Only one way to find out.

An hour passed and we were finished with all the preparations. We were given instructions not to look any of the werewolves directly in the eye and to bow our heads when the royalty passed through. It was considered to be disrespectful not to do so. We were all standing at our respective cubicles when finally the elevator doors opened.

A tall, handsome young man, probably in his late twenties stepped out. He had all the qualities to be a movie star. He was extremely good looking with that boyish charm and a spark in his dark green eyes. I heard the lady beside me whisper to her friend.

"He's the Beta."  Maybe I was wrong. Maybe he was the reason the ladies in the office were all dolled up. I could find the evidence for that as a few women were devouring him with their eyes. But the moment my eyes landed on the man who walked in behind him, my breath caught in my chest. 

I There was something very sinister about him. Something very wrong. The air around was suddenly charged with tension as he walked in. He was an inch or so taller than the first man. He was not beautiful. There was nothing pretty about him. His very presence inspired fear in my being and caused shivers in my spine. Why, I had no idea. It was like looking your nightmare right in the eye. But I didn't dare look him in the eye. Not because I was not allowed to, but because I couldn't gather the courage. He was a predator in all his glory, and the world was his prey.

I didn't realize I was shivering until my eyes shifted to Marc who walked in behind him. My panic seemed to ease a little bit and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. As they walked further towards me, Marc's gaze landed on me. We exchanged gazes and smiles. But as they moved closer, my heart seemed to beat out of my chest. My eyes were glued to the floor like everyone's. But I could see from the corner of my eye that Kate, along with the other managers, has approached them and bowed.

They started talking to the beta while walking over to the board room. It was safe to lift our heads now. I let out the breath that insisted on staying trapped in my lungs for the past minute. A collective murmur started to bring me back to normal as the staff around me started to move around. I slowly lifted my head and without my knowledge, looked towards the boardroom to see if they've totally disappeared. The very first thing my eyes found were a pair of haunting blue eyes looking right at me. 

He was looking right at me.

Those cold, menacing eyes seemed to shine even from the distance. I looked around and hoped that the gaze wasn't directed at me. But it was impossible to assume that he was looking at someone else when those eyes literally looked into my soul. I immediately looked to the floor and moved away to my cabin.

Holy shit!! I caught his eyes. I offended him. What the hell am I supposed to do now? Am I going to get fired? Or worse, punished? Would Marc be able to do anything to help me? No. It would put him in danger. Oh my god! What was happening?!

Just then, Amy called out.

"Come on! The meeting's about to start."

My body seemed reluctant to move. I guess it was a survival instinct. I forced myself to get up and move in that direction. Towards that room. As each step I took made me closer to the room, ridiculous thoughts attacked my mind. That man is in that room. He is going to get you and punish you for the crime. There is nowhere to run and hide. He would find out.

Where these notions came, I didn't know. I reckoned the best way to get out of this was to stay invisible, with my eyes down. Never repeat that stupid mistake again. I held on to the little courage I was left with and pushed the door. As I entered the room, everyone was settling down and Amy patted my shoulder.

"You sit beside me so you can take down the notes. I nodded and took my seat."

As the meeting started, Kate and the other guy Jeff started to talk and continued with greeting the Alpha and his staff. Then the Beta took over. Amy was sitting beside Kate who was seated next to the beta. Opposite to me, Marc was busy with his papers and was seated next to the Alpha. I didn't even dare to look out of my laptop screen. As the Beta finished speaking, it was the Alpha's turn. He started to speak.

"Morning," He had a very deep voice. Now that he wanted our attention, I had no choice but to look his way. Though he was addressing the room full of people, his gaze was stuck to me. The look in his eyes was savage and I immediately switched my gaze to my laptop. 

He didn't care that people were watching. It was like he was talking to me and me alone. Whenever I looked at my screen, his voice grew hoarse, demanding my attention. As he went on and spoke, I noted down the points. Then Amy and Kate went on with the presentation. 

The meeting had finally come to an end and everyone was leaving the room. I hurried with my laptop and files while Amy and Kate hurried with theirs. 

He was about to leave when suddenly he turned around and called out.

 "You.."

I was busy with my things and thought he was speaking to someone else.

"You, in the White shirt," I lift my head up and looked at him to find that he was calling me.  The room had suddenly gone silent. Heads turned and a group of gasps were heard.

Alpha's ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara