Chapter 12

"Eat." he demanded.  I took the spoon and started eating. He was watching me eat. I had no intention of even looking at him.

"What were you doing when I stepped into the room?" he asked staring at me.

I stopped chewing and looked at him.

"You looked a bit tensed when you saw me come in."

I was silently thinking of an answer.

"You were trying to escape. Weren't you?" he asked.

"Yes." I admitted.

He looked at me for a while. I could tell he was planning something. After a while, he spoke.

"You don't like it here." he said.

Wow....excellent prediction. I mean who wouldn't want to be kidnapped like this?

"No, I don't like it here. What do you expect? That I would celebrate the occasion of me getting kidnapped and accept my fate with a man I hate the most? And look at you, you kill people for your satisfaction. How am I supposed to spend my life with you and be happy?"

Silence. I think he is beginning to understand. Or Is he? I tried to make him understand.

"Listen. This is not the way you claim someone. I dont know about your girlfriends. But a true woman would spend her life with a man because she loves him. Not because they were mates, not because he can kill people if she rejected him. And not because he's an Alpha. And, I don't even know you.  You might keep a person with these ways but you cannot make them like you."

He was looking at the floor this time, thinking of something. He spoke "So you don't like me this way." I was silent.

"So you want me to change. Be the nice guy which I'm definitely not." he asked.

"No one is asking you to change yourself. But killing is not a part of one's personality. You just do it because it makes you feel powerful. You don't need to kill someone to feel good. And I don't want you to be someone you are not. I just want you to accept the fact that we are different and want different things."

"Oh you can forget about that. The whole 'We are different, I'm not the person for you' crap." he said getting  up casually.

I wondered what it would take to make him understand. But I don't have to. Either he gets it or not. I'm running away for sure. If I could only hit him with some thing heavy. 

He started walking towards the door. I just wanted to confirm. So I asked.

"So you just want to keep me here for the rest of my life?"

He turned towards me and gave me a straight reply. "If that's what it takes, Yeah."

That's it. I'm running. No point in convincing him. By the way, When did I become so important? He is not at all interested in how I feel. So how can I call this a mating bond. He just needs a mate to be with him. Just like a dog or a door mat. To satisfy his ego. But I am never going to be in that position. For me freedom comes first. More than a man in my life.

He left the room and closed the door. I let out a deep breath and turned towards the window. The door opened suddenly and turned back to look at the door with a lightening speed. George enters again.

"By the way. Don't strain yourself with escape plans. My guards are here all the time. You won't be able to take one step out of our house. Trust me."

Our house???? I rolled my eyes. Wait. Guards? According to the plan, I have to figure out a way to get to that balcony. How will I do it with guards all over the place?