Chapter 16

Juliette's POV

I was sitting on the bed, deep in my thoughts when I heard the door open. I lifted my head up and saw George walking in. I stood up alarmed. Oh no....should I kiss him again? I don't think I can do it again. He came to me and stood watching. I wasn't sure of what was in his mind.

"What is it?" I asked surprised.

His hand slowly reached my cheeks and brushed the hair off it. His eyes were penetrating into mine. Yet, it was pleasant and soothing to look at them. He asked in a whisper like tone.

"Your friend is here. Do you want to see her?" he asked caressing my lower lip with his thumb.

What??? Is he talking about Marc?

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Kate. Your boss." he said.

Was he going to let me talk to her??? Really????

"Where is she? Downstairs?" I asked. He nodded his head as a yes.

I didn't understand. He was going to take my downstairs. He was going to let me out of this room. Was he testing me? May be I should be careful. Act normal.

"You are going to let me talk to her?" I asked.

"Why not ??" he said.

"Well....I can't believe you are trusting me. I may device an escape plan with her." I said mocking him.

He laughed and held me into a hug. He looked deep into my eyes. I was lost in the ocean of his blue eyes for a moment. He said, "Baby....I'm not letting you go anywhere. And what ?You are gonna leave me?"

I said teasing him . "oh.... Maybe."

He leaned in closer letting our foreheads touch and said "The moment you told me you love me, You became my Luna. I trust my Luna."

I was speechless. I stood there in his arms listening to his words which were hitting my heart like arrows. I didn't know what was causing me such pain to cheat him. Is the love of a mate that powerful?

"Let's go?" he asked. I simply nodded as I couldn't say a word.

He took my hand and lead me towards the door. My feelings were mixed. There was this happiness that the plan is going well and the pain that I'm cheating him. He opened the door and we walked out of the door. It felt like a victory to step out. He led me to the stairs. While coming down the stairs, I saw the hall. There were around ten people in the hall standing in black suits. On the couch, there was Marc and beside him was Kate. An involuntary smile and a ton of happiness appeared in me.

I tried to hide it. We reached the hall and George introduced us. All the while talking to them, I felt relieved. I felt as if I'm back home with aunt Jenny. I acted well. I didn't let George doubt about me and Marc knowing each other. Everything is going good. Now, I need to know what I'm suppossed to do or what their plan was.

I looked over at Marc while talking to Kate. George was involved in his paperwork.  Marc was doing something secretly. I couldn't tell.  After a few seconds, he passed something over to me through Kate and it happened in a matter of milliseconds.

There is a piece of paper in my hand now. I had to read it. I hid it inside my dress with no one noticing. I wanted to read it  so I moved towards George and whispered in his ear, "George, I need to use the bathroom. Can you please take me to my room?"

He nooded at we both stood. "Wait up guys." he told Marc and Kate and we walked upstairs. We reached the room. George was behind me. So I silently walked into the bathroom. I looked over at him and smiled before I closed the door.

I walked in, took out the paper and read it:

"The place is surrounded by guards. Try to escape from that room. I will manage the rest. Implement the plan as soon as you read this so that I will have an idea of what you are doing."

I turned my head and looked at the Vent. It was very small and almost unreachable. I'd definitely either break my leg or head if I don't do it right. I threw the paper in the toilet and flushed it. I have to send George away to get started.

 I stepped out looking like there was something wrong and George caught that.

"Are you okay?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just feeling a little drowsy. That's all." I said.

"Well. Why don't you rest a little till I'm done with the work downstairs?" he said.

"Yeah. That's fine." I said nodding.

George reached nearer and placed a dry kiss on my lips and said "Sleep tight."

He turned around and left the room.

I counted to five and let out a deep breath. He's gone. Now I need to find something to reach that vent. I started looking around. Nothing in the room was tall enough.  I went over to the window and looked outside. There were two guards standind distant to each other. One of them was just ahead of the balcony and the other was far to the right.

I walked back into the bathroom and started to examine every object. Everything was small and helpless. In looking so, I found a tiny ray of hope. Above the wash basin, to the wall, there is a mirror. A couple of metres above the mirror is where the shower faucet is beginning. If I can step on the mirror and reach the shower faucet, I can make it to the Vent. But it is deadly risky.

I thought for a while and decided to do it.