Chapter - 1

Juliette

All I am concentrating right now is on the next ten seconds as soon as the Elevator doors open. Present yourself in a good manner. Talk nicely. Work carefully. Marc put me in contact with Kate Donovan, the Executive Manager and Head Developer. Since it was Marc's dayoff yesterday, he dropped me at the office. The interview went well for a fresher like me. Miss Donovan was very casual and welcoming unlike I'd expected. I didn't want to take advantage of the fact that Marc suggested my name, so I presented my best to her. It seemed to have worked out because Kate looked pleased with my Resume and the awards I'd won back in college for my projects. 

The elevator doors finally opened into my floor and I took a deep breath and entered the office.

"Good morning, Juliette." Kate was the first person I ran into as soon as I entered. She is a tall blonde around 26 or 27, Perfect body, Perfect voice, She looked like perfection. My five feet four inch body with its bumps and curves was nowhere in comparision to her tall, long legged, slim figure.

I nodded and smiled not because I talk less but because I was too nervous to say anything.

"Let me Introduce you to the staff." she took me to my cabin. 

The office could be a definition for assiduous environment. Cabins, computers and classy interior design with diligent workers with their eyes stuck to the laptop screens. For some reason, the place felt strangely silent. People looked at me from their desks and went back to whatever they were doing. I wasn't expecting a welcome ceremony either. I had this urge to go and hide somewhere .

As we reached a set of cubicles, Kate stopped and looking at me, she addressed the crew there.

"Guys, this is Juliette Spencer. Our new developer. "

The second I smiled at my soon to be colleagues, they knew that  it was fake. But they were kind enough to understand. Kate brifed me about my work and showed me around. All the while I was counting numbers inside my head to keep my panic at bay. One mistake and this niceness they show would evaporate. I could spot some of the employees judging me already. The problem is that I can never tell when one is genuinely smiling at me or faking it just like me. There is always that doubt. I was never good with strangers and there is an office full of them here.

As we walked, Kate showed me my cabin and I was relieved to have finally got there. As soon as Kate left, I settled down and started working. 

Slowly I started to drown in work and stopped caring about others. Now I understand why the workers around didn't spare a second glance at others.

"Are you the new girl?" a  voice from behind brought me out of my trance. A tall, skinny, pale looking girl with redhair stood behind me.  I nodded.

"I'm  Amy Weixler. You can call me Amy. We are project partners so you'll have to deal with me." 

Here we go with another supermodel. I started to doubt if long legs and beauty queen looks were one of the criteria to be hired here and that I just got lucky and had Marc to help me secure a job. Looking at Amy made me want to dig a hole and hide myself in there.

"Juliette. Juliette Spencer." I said taking her hand.

Amusement filled her face. "Straight out of college, are you?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Not really. Been working here for three years."

We both talked about how things work there. Being under the rule of werewolves, it shouldn't be a big deal working for one. But again, it's my  first time working for them. All the jobs I've taken up during high school and college were under humans. The few werewolves I've encountered back home were very secretive and kept to themselves.