Chapter 11

Juliette's POV

It was dark out there. We were still discussing about the possibilities of the escape plan. A sudden noise came from the door knob. Marc and the girls hid back quickly. I turned towards the door and looked. The door slowly opened. I wanted it to be the maid with all my heart. But it was George. My face was flushed. Did he find out ? I was standing there like a statue looking at him. No expression in my face. I didn't want to give any hint in case he didn't know.

"Trying to escape?" he asked, bringing a tray of food. My mouth watered at the sight of it. I didn't realize I was hungry. I didn't eat anything since morning. After all that struggle and almost getting raped, I didn't pay any attention to anything else than hating this man. 

"You should know that the windows are of no use. You can't fit through the bars."he said with a smirk.

"I just needed some air," I replied.

He put the tray on the table beside the bed and turned towards me. We were a couple of feet away. I wondered if the people behind the window are anywhere visible to him. I started walking away so that he'd follow me and leave the window alone. He did. He caught my wrist and stopped me. My breath caught. I turned and looked at him with an "I will kill you " look. But much to my disappointment, that had no effect on him.

He said in a casual tone "Time for dinner."

"I don't want to eat." I said even though every cell of my body was screaming "Food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He looked at me for several moments. Then he uncovered the dinner items. The smell of the food was making me crazy with hunger. But I didn't show it though.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat this?" he asked.

I was frustrated now. He was trying to torture me with food?

"I said I don't want to eat !!! Just leave me alone!" I shouted..

He kept looking at me with a serious face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

He suddenly shouted "Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!"

I closed my ears. He was very loudly calling someone. After a couple of seconds, the door opened and a middle aged man with an apron and a Chef's hat entered the room in a hurry. He was very tensed.

"Did you call me, sir?" he asked worried.

George turned towards him and smiled. He started speaking to him "Eric....Here you are. I want you to meet our Luna Juliette." he pointed towards me.

The man looked at me and bowed. "Pleasure to meet you Mam"

George spoke to him "Well Erik. I gotta say I am very disappointed with you." Listening to that tone, Eric's face lost that smile and turned scared.

"You are a good cook and all but you have failed to gain our Luna's interest towards your cooking. She doesn't want to eat. " he turned towards me and paused for a moment.

Then he started speaking again with an evil smile. " she would have had dinner by now if your work impressed her." I didn't understand what he was upto. Was he going to fire him? Because of me? But what happened then was much worse.

George reached Eric and  caught hold of his neck. "Eric, now my luna will be starving because of you. That makes me very angry at you. You know how I am  when I'm angry." He started lifting eric into the air with his tight grasp on his neck.

"George! what are you doing? Stop it !!!" I shouted. But it was of no use.

Eric started fighting for breath. His feet were in the air. He was choking.

 I couldn't take it anymore. "George! stop it. I will eat!!!!!"

George looked at me and asked with a smirk "Will you? Are you sure?"

"Yes!!!!! I will. Now please put him down!!!" I shouted. I didn't know what else to do at the moment.

He slowly put Eric down. Eric started panting and gasping and coughing. All the while, George was looking at me.

"Very well." He turned towards Eric and said "Eric, I see the Luna is somewhere interested in your work. You may go now"

Eric ran out of the room and closed the door.

There was a long silence in the room. All the while we were staring at each other. I was watching him with disgust where as he had a sense of victory in his look.