Chapter 20

George's POV

I was standing in Juliette's room. If only the son of a bitch Marc wouldn't mess things up, Juliette would be sitting right here on this bed giving me killer stares. An involuntary smile appeared on my face at the thought of her. Its alright now. Since Marc and Kate are captured, it's not hard to get the answers from them. Once I know where they hid her, I can get her back.

"Missing someone?" I heard a voice. Oh.. great!!!

"When did you come?" I asked turning around.

I saw Bridget. The 586 year old alpha hater. Bridget was my father's sister. A gifted one. But as any other Turner, she put her gifts to her own cause, to her own amusement. Simply to say, she is a gifted bitch.

"Yesterday. You were busy with your mate. So didn't want to disturb." the evil grin was slightly visible behind her smiling face.

"Too bad she left. I can see how hurt you are." she said.

I took out a cigarette and was trying to light it. "oh yeah? How can you see that?"

She walked towards me slowly and held her index finger near the tip of my cigarette. Her fingertip started burning and caught a flame. Shen lighted my cigarette. and put out the fire by blowing out air towards her finger.

"Let's just say I can read minds." she said.

Well, she CAN read minds. When she was kidnapped by a group of rebels six years ago, she used this gift of hers to manipulate them. She made all the group kill each other and walked out of there with out a scratch.

"So... I see that you have captured your mate's helpers?"

"Yeah"

"Hmm. Could've been this careful before she escaped."

"Alright. I'm bored. Let's be ourselves." I said with a sarcastic plastered smile.

"Fine. Were u hiding your fiance from me? Too bad. Look what happened now." she smirked.

"Well, I can still get her back. She is not escaping me." I said meaning every word.

" Quit it George. The girl doesn't like you. Mate or not. You can't just force someone to be with you."

"Well, I can."

"Yeah. You do. By the way, is she in the room? Oh no, Sorry, I forgot. She ESCAPED."

That made my fists clench. She walked to me and stared at me. with no grin or smirk but a true concern. At least looked like it.

"I don't know how it feels to have a mate. But I do no how it is to want a human. Trust me. Trying to win a human over by force only results in regret. The one man I wanted was a human rebel. He found dying for his race more glorious than being with me."

Her words gained my attention. I looked at her. I couldn't figure out the emotion in her face. But I could surely tell that it was deeper than she had ever felt. But again, she is a manipulative bitch.

"Is that why you helped her escape?" My words took her by surprise.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"About you. Whispering to Juliette, Opening the vent, getting her out, You know what I'm talking about."

Silence. So I continued.

"Don't waste your time trying to think about How I found out. Because I didn't."

Realization struck her. She looked at me with disbelief.

"You knew I would get her out?" she asked.

"No. I wanted you to get her out." I said.

"My darling was working very hard to escape. So I wanted to help her. There comes Bridget, The mind reader. I knew you were listening to us the whole time when we were kissing yesterday. So I played along. I faked my thoughts so that you would believe that I have no Idea that Juliette is about to escape."

"Of course!!!" she said. "You wanted me to get her out. If I knew that you are into this girl, I would definitely help her escape. Well done George." She appreciated.

"But what's the use? I failed." I said. Before Juliette could get into Amy's car, someone stole her away. I'm guessing that the someone is a gifted bitch.

"Who do you think took her away?" she asked.

I lifted my gaze from the floor. Looked straight into her eyes and said "You."

"That's bullshit." she said.

"Is it? Can't you change into any human you want? You didn't change into Amy and take Juliette away?"

"No!!!!"

"I somehow find that hard to believe."

The next thing, a dart came with such a speed it could cut the air in half.  It struck Bridget in the neck. She collapsed to the ground. Behind her, there was Derek with a Dart gun.

"You think she would die?" I asked.

"Naahh!! It might be wolfsbane but Bridget might be very mildly affected by it. Given her parentage." said Derek.

Bridget was born to a very powerful witch and a werewolf. That's my grandfather. She gets all her gifts from her mother.

"In that case, we don't have much time. Take her to the Dungeon quickly."

"Aye Aye Alpha...." he said and dragged her out of the room.

She mistreated my mother. I kept quiet. She tried to poison my father. I kept quiet. There are only a few things I let go. My parents left on their own wish. They got bored here and left to the "Other world."  I was convinced because its my time to take their responsibilities and their time to see the new world. But she thought I will let her take my mate away from me? Wrong.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

"What does it take for you to believe me?" Bridget asked. She was chained with spells making her lie on the ground in the dungeon.

"Just tell me you did it." I said.

She struggled to get out of the invisible chains.

"Fine. Suit yourself. Every hour, Derek will be injecting with Wolfsbane. You maybe a powerful, gifted wolf but you will be affected by wolfsbane slowly. Hour after hour, you will grow weak and weak. The poison will work on you eventually. Its your call Bridget. Tick Tock. Tick Tock."

I said gesturing the clock movements and left the dungeon.