Chapter - 3

Juliette

"Sir?" 

"Come with me," and he walked away. 

An eerie feeling settled at the pit of my stomach. This is it. I offended him and he would punish me. Where was Marc? He was nowhere in sight.  Oh god, what do I do? I neither had the courage to go to him nor the knowledge of how to behave near the royalty. 

It's official. I'm screwed.

I knew he wasn't going to call me again. So I followed him, ignoring the worried stares of my co-workers. His gait was very wolf like; he walked like he owned the place, which he did. As we took a few steps further, we reached a part of the office where, surprisingly, there was no single person in sight. He stopped and turned around. Immediately ducking my head, I waited for him to speak. 

Moments passed, there was nothing. I could feel his presence but he was not saying anything. Why was he not saying anything? I lifted my eyes to him and looked into the predator's eyes staring at me. All of a sudden my mind lost it's capability to form thoughts. I was unable to think of anything. All I could do was feel; Feel the unalloyed fear which prevented me to move even a slightest bit.

He looked at me with ardent curiosity and a barbaric appetence. As a female, I could tell. His gaze burned through my skin and an involuntary gasp escaped me. Common sense smacked me in the face and I realized that I was looking the Alpha in the eye. I was about to lower my eyes when his command stopped me.

"Don't."

I just stood there, frozen, with my eyes held captive by the man whom I dreaded.  It was like nothing else has ever existed and will ever exist in the world except those eyes. They formed a seperate dimension and pulled me into it. There was no sound of employees' footsteps or  copy machines working or cellphones or mumblings. Nothing except my quavering breath. He held all the power that he may pounce on his prey and rip it to shreds anytime effortlessly. He. was . Dangerous. His eyes took their time to travelled down my face and settled on my lips. The purity of my horror was polluted with something I didn't at all want to feel. I refused to focus on that feeling.

"Stay here." He said without his gaze faltering from it's place. Then he turned back and walked away. As i watched, he disappeared into the room in front of me. The door was shut but not locked, which left  a slight gap open. Clueless what to do, I waited in the middle of the corridor until I heard a noise. It sounded like someone was being knocked around. 

What the....? And there were voices. Again, another thud which made me jump.

I knew it's none of my business, but I couldn't help myself. Aware that I was prying, I stepped towards the door and tried to look through the opening.From what I could see,  there was an old man lying on the floor with a head injury from which blood was dripping out. He started begging and crying. "Please don't do this! I have a family! I beg you please..."

One could tell he's a proud man who, right now, was setting it aside and sobbing. 

"Sign the fucking papers." It's his voice. I couldn't see him but can recognize his voice anywhere. The man nodded his head stating that he can't do it. "Please your grace, please don't do this. My wife and kids will be homeless,"

"Let me tell you something. If you sign this, I will let you and your family live. If you refuse, I will cut your fucking legs off and tie you to this table over here.  Then I will bring your wife and kids. I will rape your wife and daughter in front of you and all these people in this room. I will rip their bodies apart while you watch before I kill you."  

My heart sank and tears blurred my vision as I kept watching silently.  The man took the pen and signed the papers. His face was filled with all the agony in the world. I could feel his pain.

"Good boy...I like you. But what if you betray me again? I don't want to take that risk now, Do I?" with that, he went to the old man and snapped his neck. Thesound of the cracking neck ringed in my ears. The limp body fell to the floor. I was frozen with shock. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I covered my mouth not to make any sound. George took the papers with a satisfactory grin which made me want to vomit. 

"Take care of this." He said to the others in the room pointing at the body and started to walk out of the room. I quickly wiped my tears off and walked back to where I was.

The door opened and he walked towards me. Don't give anything away. I begged myself to keep it together. My eyes stuck to the floor. There was no way I was looking back at him. Luckily, he didn't order me to. "Give these papers to Marc in the board room and this envelope to Miss Kate Donovan. Tell her the project details are in there."

With that, he walked away casually. 

I came back to the board room with all the blood drained out of my face. Marc was nowhere in sight. Amy approached me and grabbed my arm. She pulled me to the corner.

"Oh.. my.. god!!! I can't believe that you got to go with the Alpha. He never calls anyone along with him. Not anyone in the office anyway. What was it about? I think you made an impression....."

She kept talking but no words reached me. I could hear nothing; could think of nothing. 

"Hey.. Is everything alright? You look disturbed."

I didn't say a word. I just witnessed a murder. What was I supposed to say? I just wanted to leave the place. I couldn't stay there for a second. 

"Is something wrong, Juliette?"

"Nothing. I don't feel really well. I'll just get going. Can you please do me a favor?" I handed the papers to her. Can you give these papers to Marc? I really need to go."

She nodded and took the papers. 

Once I was out of the room, I found Kate. I handed her the papers which George gave and told her what he told me to. I told her I wasn't feeling really well and I needed to go home. Thankfully, she understood and since the meeting is over, she let me go. 

Without looking or thinking back, I left the office.

The room was silent. No one said a word. 

"George was after Simon Mitchel's company for months. His company was not as big or well reputed as ours. But he rejected George's offer. Now he ended up dead." Marc said with regret.

"Why don't they punish him?" Claire asked. We were silent. "Okay...that was a stupid question."

"Jules....He is an asshole. Everyone who knew him would say that. But there is no one to stop him. He is a potentially dangerous Psychopath. I'm sorry you had to see that. I didn't expect he would do it in your office. I thought it was a safe place for you to work. I'm sorry." Marc apologized.

"No Marc, don't say that. I witnessed the murder committed by him and now I know what you must be going through every day. This isn't safe for you or for Claire. Please figure out a way to get out of there as soon as possible."

Marc nodded . "Now...Don't let these things get into your head. There was nothing you could've done. Just let it go."

But I couldn't. That picture of the old man's dead eyes haunted me. His evil grin haunted me.