Chapter 17

Julieete's POV

That moment, when everything around you freezes and you have nothing else in mind but the one you are focusing on - is called Concentration. I caught hold of things and got on top of the sink. I was giving my hundred percent to maintain that balance and praying to all the gods that the sink shouldn't break.

Just try and get out of here and you will be free.

I was holding myself in place but doing anything further seemed impossible. But I got no choice. I needed to calm down.

 So I  made no attempt to move. In such a silence, I heard the words, "It's no use dear."

It was a woman's voice . But I didn't know where it was coming from. It's definitely not from the hall as I could hear it if someone stepped in. I'm sure I wasn't hallucinating because the voice was so clear and I heard it again.

"Don't take a risk in there. If you want to escape through that vent, just close your eyes until I tell you to open them." she said.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to trust her. But at the moment, I either had to close my eyes or break my limbs. Though I doubted for a while, her voice had this confidence that made me do what she said.

I closed my eyes and stood there. It's been not more than minute and I heard a sound of some spark or more like a litlle version of a thunder. I open my eyes to find an open space in the place of the vent. a big space from where I can easily get out.

"What???" I whispered with surprise.

"How did you-" before even I knew it, I was floating in the air, going up to reach that space. I wanted to know who or what was doing this.

"Who are you?" I asked hoping for an answer from the voice.

"I suppose you must hurry up now. Go on." were the words I got in return.

"No. wait. Hello?" There was no reply.

I reached the space. I peeped out and could look outside.

There was Marc with a guard and another guard standing at a distance facing the other way. I looked back into the room to find someone. Maybe someone who spoke to me. But no. The room was empty.

With a sigh of regret, I turned back and went on with the plan. I could fit myself easily in the space with no effort. There was a pipeline to the wall beside me. I caught hold of it and reached the balcony. Doing so, I saw Marc looking at me while talking to the guard. I finally reached the balcony.

That was not as hard as I expected. Of course it would be harder as hell without that lady, whoever she is. The question on my mind is why was she helping me ? Who is she? How does she look and Why is she invisible? I know it for sure it's not my hallucination. She has to be real.

I looked at the vent space. She was in that room. Though not visible, she was. Was she there the whole time? Why didn't she speak to me before? My mind was filled with questions. But this is not the time for them. I shook the questions off my head and started to climb down the balcony.

After I reached the ground, I had to make sure the guard on the other side was not looking this way. I bent down and reached the bushes ahead. and hid under them. Excellent.

Now just Climb that wall. Climb it and you are free. It's time. That's it. I paced forward and jumped. to the wall. I reached the top and turned myself towards the other side and I climbed down. My feet reached the land and I was free.

The place was empty with trees far ahead. I ran towards them. Half way, I found a road I didn't know where it lead. I started running along the path. It's been ten minutes or so. I was running when I heard a car coming my way.

Oh no.....They found out !!! He is coming after me. No !!!! I take all this effort and it doesn't take more than ten minutes for him to come after me. I am not giving up. I ran faster. I was panting but I didn't care. But the car was coming so fast. I turned and Looked. It was a red hatchback. I didn't exactly notice which one. I tried to increase my speed but the car was almost near me. The hope and spirit  inside me started to die. Tears were ready to step out of my eyes.

"Juliette !!!!" It was Amy's voice. IT WAS AMY !!!

I turned my head to the left and looked at Amy in the driver's seat of the car. She opened the door and said  "Get in Fast !!!" 

I took a breath of relief and fastly got into the car and shut the door. The car left the place with jet speed.