-°~Chapter 18~°-

Word Count: 1,192

Another day another chapter.
-----‐------------------
No One's POV:

It was yet another day and Izuku could already feel a headache coming on.

Today was of course a school day, but because of his plans with Emma swan he stayed up all night, though he ended up forgetting that he had no energy drinks left so now he was simply tired, he planned to sit on the roof with Shinso and have a night quiet lunch where maybe he'd be able to maybe get a few minutes of sleep, but unfortunately the "bakusquad" had followed them.

So now despite he's tired self, he was sitting on a roof with some of the loudest bitches he's possibly ever met, he was sat backwards in Shinso's lap simply hiding himself in Shinso's neck, he was tired man, really fucking tired, though thankfully Shinso could already tell he wasn't having it today so his bestie was getting out his phone along with ear buds for him.

"Soooo.. Shinso was it?" A black haired guy asked, he was looking at them curiously.

"Mhm.. And you are?" Shinso questioned as he plugged in the ear buds to his phone, officially connecting the two.

"I'm Sero! It's nice to meet you" the now named Sero introduced himself.

Shinso only hummed in response on he put on some music for Izuku to listen to, he could tell from the second he saw Izuku this morning that he wasn't going to have any of it today, and from what Izuku told him about last night it seems it was just Izuku pulling an all nighter and forgetting something very important, well no matter, Shinso was here to save the day.. again.

"Uhm.. So I've been meaning to ask" Sero started up again, he was obviously trying to start a conversation with him which he wouldn't judge of course but he still found it a bit weird.

"Mm? Ask me what?" Shinso asked, though he only gave Sero his full attention when he knew Izuku was listening to music on full volume.

"Well...I've noticed that you and Midoriya are pretty close, so I was wondering if you guys were soulmates or something?" Sero asked, you know Shinso probably should've seen that coming but it still surprised him.

It took Shinso a very long minute to process what he'd just been asked, everyone was looking at him, clearly intrigued on what he's response would to be this question, Denki and Bakugou seemed almost overly invested in this conversation but Shinso didn't really pay any mind to it because only moments later he was laughing up a storm as he wheezed and held onto Izuku's back to make sure Izuku didn't fall off of him, because even though it would be hilarious to see Izuku fall onto the ground Shinso was already laughing like crazy and well.. Messing with a sleepy Izuku is no joke.

Everyone was startled by Shinso's sudden outburst of laughs, what was funny? Did he think they couldn't keep it a secret and them finding out made Shinso laugh in glee? What was funny about Sero's question?

Finally after around 10 minutes of laughter Shinso started to calm down enough to actually tell them, he didn't though, he waited til he had his breath back to say anything to them.

"Sorry- actually I'm not, it's just that I know me and Izuku are close but soulmates? Oh my god that's laughable! We're just best friends" Shinso stated with a small cackle at the end, it should've been expected but common, if they were they'd at least show some PDA.

"What?! But you guys are so close!" Kirishima stated in shock, Izuku and Shinso? Not soulmates? What?!

"Well.. Yeah, we're each other's first and like only friends, of course we'd be close" Shinso stated awkwardly, I mean he thought it all the time but saying it felt a bit awkward, sad even.

"Only friend? I find it hard to believe that you don't have any other friends beside each other" Mina stated suspiciously, almost like she was offended by the possibility of them being each other's only friends.

"Yeah! I mean you guys are awesome!" Denki chimed in, he looked over at them with a wide yet nervous smile, why was he nervous?

"..That's nice and all but very few people wanna be around people like us" Shinso grumbled as he adjusted the very asleep Izuku, as he moved him he could hear just the faintest bit of the song he was listening to, something about fisting a trans guy? Meh.

"People like.. you?" Sero slowly questioned, almost afraid to ask what that meant.

"Mhm.." Shinso hummed, he didn't really want to talk about it seeing as he didn't want to put him or Izuku in a dangerous position, he didn't know these people so he wouldn't take the chance.

"Uhm.. Mind like, expanding on that?" Mina questioned with a raised brow, it wasn't condescending but it still didn't rub Shinso the right way.

"Nope." Shinso stated without any further thought, he didn't want to therfore wouldn't.

"Aww common! We won't judge, promise!" Kirishima insisted.

"Mhm! Cross my heart and hope to die!" Mina said as she proceeded to cross her heart.

"No.. I'm good." Shinso stated, he was starting to get a bit uncomfortable with their persistence, why couldn't they just stop?

"Pleaseeeee?? We won't judge, we're super accepting! If your gay that's chill, BakuBabes is super queer!" Mina stated as she pointed her thumb towards Bakugou, who'd been strangly quiet.

"Oi! Leave me out of this!" Katsuki screeched as he slapped Mina's hand down, making the pink girl whine.

"Yeah... Anyway, we accept everything here!" Kirishima stated awkwardly.

Shinso gave a loud huff as he looked away from them, why couldn't they just understand that he didn't want to talk about it? That he didn't want to fucking discuss this? If people weren't accepting of it then maybe they should have half a mind to understand that it could be a sensitive topic! Even maybe triggering! God extroverts were fucking annoying.

Like a lifesaver the bell rang, quickly Shinso packed up his and Izuku's stuff before he got up and hoisted Izuku onto his hip as he picked up their bags, Izuku gave a small huff of annoyance before ultimately snuggling back into Shinso, and with a quick goodbye Shinso was gone, how he opened the door was a mystery to all.

Denki couldn't help but give a small sigh as he looked at the door, he already knew what it was that got them out casted, Izuku was quirkless while Shinso had a "villainous" quirk, it sucked but only so much could be done.

Kirishima patted him on the shoulder as he gave him a reassuring smile, he gave one back before he as well began packing for class.

No matter, that didn't matter as of right now, because he had other things that he needed to do, and for them he needs to get close to Izuku.

Now with a determined smile he quickly got up to leave, soon he'll confirm he's suspicions.

Soon..