First Impressions - 2

"Zero, your presence has been requested in the left wing." Ohgi's voice boomed through the speaker in Zero's room. 

Lelouch sighed. "Very well, I'll be over momentarily." He had been exhausted from the student council's antics, and the vibrant personality of the new girl, y/n. 

He threw on his cloak and mask before exiting the room he sat in, Ohgi sat waiting outside the door and straightened his posture at the sight of Zero. "We're having slight trouble assigning the newer recruits to appropriate positions and could use your advice right now," Ohgi said.

Lelouch nodded with a small sigh. "Do you have a list of the recruits and their skills?" 

"Yes, actually.." Ohgi grabbed some papers from his jacket handing them to zero.

Lelouch grabbed the papers, scanning through the papers but his eyes stopping and widening at the sight of an all too familiar name. "Y/n l/n..." he mumbled, not meaning to say it out loud. 

"Huh? Oh yeah, she's one of the recruits from a few months ago." Ohgi said. 

Lelouch scanned over the traits and skills next to her name, feeling his throat slightly tighten. She was especially skilled in understanding situations, and making decisions. But Lelouch was particularly interested in the skill labelled as 'good at reading people.'

 "Who accepted her?" Lelouch asked shortly.

Ohgi scratched his neck, slightly nervous. "Oh uhm, funny you ask I was the one to interview her myself, but she's under smaller duties right now so I haven't seen her since."

"Hm, I see.." Lelouch handed the papers back to Ohgi, his interest was peaked, He was sure that this y/n l/n was the same one from school, but he wanted to check to be sure. "What division does she work in? I'd like to pay her a visit."

~~~~~~  (signal of narrative change, time skip, or scene change.)

You yawned. You were exhausted after working so much for the student council. Although Lelouch had showed up, he left only moments later, still leaving most of the work to you. What was even worse was the Black Knights had you on janatorial duty, cleaning knightmares and organizing. It definitely wasn't your favorite thing to be doing, but you had to start somewhere.

You took the rag from beside you, scrubbing the basic frame that you had been cleaning. You weren't allowed to go near Zero's knightmare sadly. 

Wiping the sweat from your brow you took let out a deep sigh. 

"Yo y/n, whats up?" Belle said, she was cleaning the nightmare next to you. In fact, around 15 other newer recruits that had been hired in the past month were cleaning in the same room as you. 

"Nah, it's nothing. I just am tired of cleaning is all... How am I supposed to finally meet Zero when I'm stuck cleaning-"

Belle laughed at your remark, you had talked to her about your longterm interest in the man, you both idolized him.

"I mean, at least last week I was able to--" You paused mid sentence noticing Belle's gaze lock on the ground behind you, her eyes had widened. 

"What?" You said, glancing at a few other knights who had also paused their cleaning to look in your general direction. 

You raised an eyebrow at her silence, following Belle's gaze towards the ground. 

That slightly modulated voice rang out. "Solider, may I have a word?"

There he stood, in the flesh right next to Second in command Ohgi,

Zero.

Your eyes widened, your mouth hanging agape as you dropped the rag you had been using to clean the knightmare. You felt a rush of jitters shoot through your body. 

"y-yeah of course..." Your face flushed quickly making your way down the knightmare, your mind racing through many thoughts at once. 

Your thoughts racing made you feel dizzy, grabbing onto the railing that was supposed to secure your safe descent from the knightmare, but instead you stumbled off the last few steps.

The woosh of a cape filled your ears as you reached out to regain your balance grabbing onto the first thing you could, which happened to be zero's shoulders as he made a swift movement to help you. 

Not realizing till you opened your eyes, your arms wrapped around Zero's neck and his arms reached around your waist as he had caught you. His cylindrical mask store down at you as the position was held for a short and silent second before you fully processed the situation.

Quickly letting go of zero you backed up, straightening your posture and standing like the solider you were, but your face flushed with embarassment. "Im sorry about that, Sir." 

Even though you couldn't see his eyes, you felt Zero's gaze on you. It sent a chill down your spine. You finally had met your idol in person, but tripped like a total idiot. What Rivalz said earlier flashed into your mind. You had messed up the already 0% chance of impressing Zero and made it a -117% chance now. 

You just hoped he wouldn't change his mind on whatever he was going to ask you.

"Its alright, please come with me and Ohgi to a more suitable place to talk."