Close and Personal - 14

//#1 in #lelouch ! <3 thank you. Sorry for the delay in updating. //

Prying eyes came from the corner of the room, you could feel their silence watching you.

Underneath the mask, Lelouch opened his mouth to say something. Little did you know he was staring right into your eyes as you looked at the mask, only seeing the slight reflection of yourself.

Lelouch found himself encapsulated by the glimmer in your eyes. That curiosity set his heart on fire, a wave of desperate emotions overcame him as he felt your hand so close to his neck. He wanted to lean against you, feel more of you than just the touch of your hand. Damnit he thought to himself. He would do anything to be able to kiss you right then and there... but his obligations as zero...

You gathered apart of his scarf in between your fingers playing with the fabric, feeling the texture. He was just standing there, looking at you and saying nothing. It made your stomach swirl. You bit your lip slightly.

Zero's gloved hand slid against yours before slowly bringing your hand away from his collar, he was too close to losing his composure."Zero the Brittanians are making their move-..." Ohgi called out from the other side of the room where he stood next to Tamaki, examining a radar. Zero's posture straightened instantly, letting go of your hand and walking over towards the others leaving your heart pounding because of the close contact and prolonged silence that had just taken place. You practically still feel his body heat against you. You took a deep breath bringing your focus and attention to the current situation.

"We need to act now. Deploy our knightmares with anyone capable of operating one and have Q1 lead the rest defensively. Our objective is to maintain our ground while I focus on the eradication of the Brittanian general leading their advancement." Zero said as he grabbed a knightmare key off of the desk, beginning to walk out of the room without saying another word.

"I guess that means I should get ready to hop in a knightmare" You said, adjusting your uniform as you took a deep breath. "Yeah, follow me I'll help you get one up and running-" Ohgi said, giving Tamaki a look to stay put as he walked out the door motioning for you to follow. You only nodded, following in his footsteps. It felt eerily quiet, the silence only accompanied by the echoing of bullets in the distance...

Ohgi cleared his throat. "So, are you Zero's soldier turned mistress or something?" You felt your face flush with embarassment, honestly not expecting a question like that to come from Ohgi's mouth. He had always been so serious. As you walked to the back of the school, a knightmare sat ready for you to use. "No- no way, why would you ask?" You muttered, a little taken aback, formality was the last thing on your mind even as you were about to step on the battle field. "I saw your little interaction in the command room and it just seems-" Ohgi was cut off by a loud boom that echoed in the distance, causing you to leap back into soldier mode.

"Pretend I didn't say anything, you'd better get going. Kallen will contact you through the radio system once you activate the knightmare, just do what she says." He watched as you hopped into the knightmare and sped off towards the ongoing battle. Your heart leaped in your throat as you got closer to the chaos.

"L/n, guard the-" Kallen's voice echoed through the inside of the knightmare frame but suddenly cut off. You continued heading towards the rear of what seemed to be a standard formation, your heart rate beginning to increase as you realized the radio was still static. "Kallen, I'm headed towards the rear formation, you're not coming through-" you said hastily, your stomach churning with anxiety.

An enemy knightmare approached you, and you quickly engaged, gaining the upper hand. "What are you doing clear back here?" You yelled, talking to yourself. The enemy knightmare moved quickly, making it hard for you to lock your gun's target onto it. You took a deep breath and fired, and at the same time the opposing knightmare launched a missile.

Then everything went black as the explosions hit their mark.

A ringing filled your ears and all you could see was white, in a daze, you tried to look around to see where you were... it took a minute for your eyes to slowly focus and realize you were still inside your knightmare, or rather the ejected pod of your knightmare. "Ah..-" you muttered, reaching to press the radio communication device. "Kallen, anyone? Hello-" the radio was still jammed. You took a deep breath, trying to turn in the seat which you were buckled into.

Being suspended upside down didn't help.

Nearby footsteps filled your ears as panic and adrenaline kicked in. What if the enemy took you hostage? Locked you away forever? You began to breathe heavily. "Stay away!" You gasped, exasperated. The blood rushing to your head was making you dizzy. You felt helpless as the trigger that unbuckled your seat was crushed, unable to unlatch.

"L/n?" A familiar modulated voice rang out. It was zero... was he out of his knightmare to save you? You gulped. "Zero- I can't move I'm stuck I-" you gritted your teeth to stop yourself from tearing up.

"Don't worry. I'll get you out, try not to panic." Zero replied, as he slowly opened the outside latch to reveal your upside down, helpless position.

You look towards him, taking a deep breath. Zero slowly lifted himself inside the upside down capsule and towards you. "The trigger, it's jammed-" you said, trying to wiggle out of the seating restraints.

Zero slowly positioned himself right next to you, leaving little space between you as he lodged himself between the floor and wall. He was so close that you could feel his rapid heartbeat. Zero moved his foot upwards giving himself some space to kick at the jammed trigger. "When this releases, get ready to fall. I'll try to catch you." with one last kick, the trigger flew open, releasing you from the seat, but instantly his arms wrapped around you, sending you both backwards out of the knightmare. Zero's arms were wrapped around you tightly, your body flush with his. "Thank you sir-" you said, blushing as he slowly sat up with you still in his arms.

"You'll need to come with me, i cant have you walking back to base on foot. It's dangerous." He said before letting go of you and helping you stand up. You stumbled slightly, your body readjusting to not being upside down. Your vision began to go black from standing up too fast...

...
...
...

Zero grabbed onto you as you fainted, walking with you leaning onto him and slowly but surely lifted you into his knightmare. Lelouch took a deep breath as he brought you into the one seater, positioning you in between his legs on his lap and letting your head rest against his chest. It was a tight fit, and he wasn't complaining. Zero leaned back slightly, moving your head and brushing your hair out of your face. "Y/n..." he muttered.

You shuddered, moving around as you regained consciousness, clutching onto nearby fabric... slowly becoming aware of the very tight space you were in. The rise and fall of zero's chest underneath your head... You gasped slowly turning in his lap and letting go of the fabric of the waistline of his suit, you were now sitting in between his legs facing him. "I- fainted didn't I-" you mumbled, becoming very aware of every part of your body that rested against his. You moved again, turning back around, sitting once again in between his legs, your back flush with his torso.

Zero sharply inhaled as you moved again. "You did."

"So- what now..." you said, shyly...

Zero slowly moved his arms, both brushing up tightly against you as he reached for the controls. His body pressed up against yours as he leaned to get a better grip on the steering. "Now..." Zero began, pausing momentarily as he appreciated the perfect way his body fit against you.

"Now we get this battle over with."