Hug - 8

You stared at the ground, this entire situation was extremely embarrassing. Before you could finish your sentence Ohgi walked into the room. You let out a small sigh of relief as he approached the table. Zero's gaze fixated on you before he turned his head to look at Ohgi. 

"Zero, Tamaki, y/n..." He nodded his head before putting the papers right in front of you. "These are the files from the intelligence division assigned to y/n for the mission later tonight, I planned on helping her through it myself... but I've got to leave early today." 

Zero gave a small nod. "That's quite alright. I'll have--" He paused momentarily looking at Tamaki's grinning face that was glancing at him and then you. The idea of having Tamaki help brief you crossed his mind... but he didn't like entertaining the thought that he may try making a move on you, regardless of his fixation on Zero.

Zero's sudden silence made you turn to look at him, Tamaki glancing at the masked man at well curious to what had him tongue tied and deep in thought. 

".. I'll take care of briefing her myself." Zero said as he stood up. Ohgi nodded, waving his hand as he exited the room. Tamaki watched as the curiosity in your eyes practically sparkled. Zero walked around the table making you consciously correct your posture. You began to reach for the papers and stand as you rubbed against something.

Zero stood behind you as he silently bent over, reaching his hand over your shoulder to also grab the papers. He paused as his hand slid over the top of yours, quickly retracting his hand and standing up straight. "Ah- sorry sir.." You mumbled picking up the papers and standing up quickly and pushing your chair in, turning to face Zero who loomed over you, handing him the stack of papers.

He took the papers without saying a word and began to walk towards a room that was off in the far corner. He mentally cursed himself for letting his own emotions take on this task, he couldn't help it though. Something inside him felt... drawn to you, he found it hard to supress the growing emotion that had even taken him by surprise. 

You followed shortly behind Zero, watching as his cape whooshed as he walked. The lingering touch of his hand still echoed on your skin. You glanced back at the table to make sure you hadn't left anything, briefly making eye contact with Tamaki who stood up and walked towards you.

Tamaki had been watching observantly as the two of you walked away, deciding to thrown in one last witty comment. As he approached you he leaned his head near your ear "I'd make use of your time alone, Zero would enjoy that." He said quietly, assuming only you would be able to hear him before he turned and walked out of the exit.

Your face flushed as you stuffed your hands in your pockets. 'What the hell was that supposed to mean?' you thought. You began to turn your head, continuing to walk in the direction that you and Zero had been headed. Unknown to you, the man had stopped in his tracks as he heard Tamaki whisper. You bumped into Zero's back but that's not what embarassed you the most.

Besides your unusually large amount of clumsiness around him, you knew he had stopped for a reason, and had definitely heard what Tamaki had said. You quickly backed away, brushing off Zero's cape with your hand, letting your hand drop when you realized what you were doing. "Ah- sorry... again." Why did Tamaki feel the need to tease you.... unless he was doing it to tease Zero... You couldn't tell because of his mask, even just one expression could tell you if he was bothered by the teasing...

Zero shook his head, "Accor...." he paused to clear his throat as he continued walking. "According to what's on these papers we're having you go undercover at a mall nearby where an ex britannian knight works..." 

You cleared your throat, shaking off the tension building up inside you when around Zero, especially after what Tamaki pulled. You needed to set that aside for a moment, to prove you were worthy for such a task. You caught up with zero, walking by his side and leaning to look at the papers in his hands. "Is there a picture of this man?" You questioned, your eyes drifting to Zero's gloved hands that held onto the corner of the page. 

"Yes..." Zero said as you both stopped walking, he turned the page to reveal the picture. "His name is Kai Reed." 

You felt the color drain from your face as Zero turned the page and muttered that name. Anyone but him. Kai Reed wasn't just any ex Brittanian knight, it was your biological father. The father that left you at a young age after doing despicable things. You clasped your hand against your mouth, feeling physically sick. Your knees felt weak as your legs began to tremble. 

Zero turned his head towards you, noticing your harsh reaction. You lowered yourself to the floor, alerting Zero.

Underneath the mask, Lelouch bit his lip, not knowing how to treat the situation, should he comfort you? He didn't want to risk being to familiar, but he knew somehow that this had something to due with your past. "L/n, may I ask how you know this man?" Zero's voice rang through your ears. 

You kneeled on the floor, covering your face with your hands and shaking ever so slightly. "I.... can't-..." You muttered in one exasperated breath. 

Lelouch frowned underneath the mask, seeing you like this was making him furious. Against all better judgement, he kneeled down in front of you, dropping the papers to the ground and reaching to grab your wrists. To hell with anything else, he just wanted to make you feel better. Even if that meant as his alternative persona, Zero.

Zero's gloved hands wrapped around your wrists, bringing your hands down from your face forcing you to look at the man. "That's fine. I can inform Ohgi that someone else should be assigned this task."

Your mind was blurred with so many emotions all at once, the feeling of Zero's hands letting go of your wrists and sliding onto your knees added to your racing thoughts. Then you did something you knew you would regret, and hoped wouldn't cost you your membership in the Black Knights. 

You teetered forward, leaning into Zero wrapping your arms around him in a desperate hug, tears pricking at your eyes. You clutched at the fabric that made up his suit, burrying your face into his chest. You could feel his warmth and his heartbeat.... 

Zero's heart was racing, faster than your own thoughts, and his arms still lay at his sides, not moving from the position that you had hugged him in. You could tell he was tense by your actions.... but you couldn't let go. 

Zero's arms moved slowly, almost hesitantly as he reached around your back, bringing you closer to him just as you were about to pull away. His hands slid against your back, as he returned the hug. You were now positioned in between his legs as you held onto eachother, kneeling on the floor. A shudder ran down your spine as you felt his hand slowly rub your back in the embrace.