Conflictions - 19

You squinted your eyes at him, the thought rolling around in your head that this was all too familiar. Part of you, the more logical, knew you should probably jokingly shove Lelouch aside and drag him into the nearest store. The other side was aware of how awfully attractive he was. 

And one of those sides was a lot harder to get off your mind.

"Well, for one you're more secretive than I initially thought... like you're afraid of something but it's not just because we ran into my coworkers and that they're black knights... it couldn't be that because I'm als-" you caught yourself..."Well, you know. You said, staring at his feet as your eyes slowly drifted up to meet his gaze.

"And what if you're right? That have something to hide and sometimes it makes me afraid." Lelouch said, calculated, yet his eyes slowly drifting to your lips. You tried your best to ignore it.

"You'd be a fool to continue to hide whatever it is that you're hiding if it only ever hurts you...." You replied, your voice trailing off as Lelouch took a step closer. You didn't know how to feel... no you didn't want to feel the slight increase of your heart rate, or the rising butterflies within your stomach that you only ever felt around Zero. 

You gulped, and with every step Lelouch took towards you in silence, you took a step back... Until eventually you ran into the wall. "Sometimes, I really don't know how to handle you, y/n." Lelouch muttered, his voice a harsh whisper. 

You scoffed, avoiding his eyes in attempt to banish the thoughts of him inside your head. "That's the most honest thing you've said all day." 

Oh boy... you don't know how right you are... Lelouch thought. He found you so... refreshing. As he looked down at you he watched you avoid looking at his face... 

Silence pierced the already silent area for moments, till... "Y/n, if I tell you..." Lelouch said, pausing. "Tell me what?" You questioned, looking at him instinctively, as you often read his facial expressions... Apart of you knew where this was going... It had to be him admitting his feelings, what else could it be?  You thought. 

"If I tell you who I really am, how I really feel... would you-" He began to say before you cut him off and put a finger to his lips, noting how smooth his skin was. "Well, I know one thing... and that's if we don't get back in time for the banquet Millie is going to have our heads." You said, slipping out of the position he had you in on the wall. 

"We can't have that.." Lelouch straightened his back, taking a deep breath... He expected you might take that the wrong way, you couldn't have possibly known he was referring to his alter ego Zero, and not the... feelings he had for you. 

~~~

"Hey, what do you think of this?" You questioned, peeping your head out from the changing room to see Lelouch leaning on a clothes rack waiting for you to finish. He turned his head to look at you. It had been a couple hours of sifting through crowds and breaking through the awkward tension that arose from what you thought was Lelouch nearly confessing. 

"Think of what? I can only see your face." He said, to which you scoffed. "That's cause I was making sure you were still here." You replied, fully stepping out of the dressing room to reveal the nice outfit you had picked out, that shimmered in the light. 

"It looks..." he paused. "You look alright." His words trailed off as his head turned to look elsewhere with an odd look on his face as if he were assessing his surroundings. "That's all you got Lamperouge? I look alright?" You rolled your eyes turning to go back into the changing stall. 

"Alright... what I meant to say was stunning." Lelouch ignored his suspicions that someone was watching and looked at you as you quickly shut the stall door. You felt your face heat up. "Sure, sure, don't backtrack slacker." You said, loud enough for him to hear. 

~~~~~

"Hey is that--" Ohgi murmured as they passed the store that you and Lelouch were in. "Y/n is dress shopping with this guy?" Tamaki said in disbelief. The two of them had decided to stick to the initial mission, but this struck a chord within Tamaki. 

"That is kinda weird." Ohgi shrugged, stopping with Tamaki to watch from afar so they wouldn't be spotted. "I'll be damned if I let my buddy get played like this." Tamaki growled as he started walking towards the open store front. 

Ohgi groaned, knowing Tamaki was serious, staying put. "I wouldn't do that-" he called out, but Tamaki was already half way into the store, headed towards Lelouch. 

~~~

"Hey, you're the guy that was with y/n right?" Tamaki said as he approached Lelouch. 

You could only hear muffled talking as you continued to look through the other ball outfits you had brought in to try on.

Lelouch's eye's narrowed, turning to face Tamaki. God, how much of an idiot can this guy be... he thought. "Yes, and you're one of her coworkers it seems." Lelouch replied flatly. 

"Don't think just because you go to the same school as her means anything." Tamaki said, having noticed the school uniforms you and Lelouch were wearing had the same symbols. "And a coworker who thinks he's more importan-" He paused hearing the jagged ring emitting from the television that hung on the wall.

Instead of the display of the store's name, a news station now blared. "Breaking news, possible locations of Black Knight hideouts reveal a bigger picture---" 

Tamaki watched as Lelouch immediately gave his attention to the tv screen. "I don't get it." Lelouch muttered. Tamaki now stood on the right of Lelouch to get a better look at the screen. "Don't get what? A rebellion rising that actually stands a chance against an opponent like Britannia?" Tamaki said.

"No, I don't get why they're displaying this on the news as an alert. It seems like they assume Zero is watching." Lelouch pressed his lips shut, he didn't want to talk too much around Tamaki. While he thought him a fool, he knew better than to speak anymore. It had already been too risky speaking so much around him. Tamaki may seem useless, but he had a knack for putting Zero on a pedestal, defending him no matter what situation, and could probably notice his vocal patterns like the borderline fanboy he was. 

"You know, you kinda tal-" Tamaki had begun to speak but just as he did, you waltzed out of the dressing room doing a twirl. "This looks great, but its too long, I'm gonna trip if I wear it-" You blinked making eye contact with Tamaki which caught you off guard, loosing your balance and tripping on the end of the dress.

And before anyone had a chance to say a single word, you fell full force into the back of a 'still distracted by the tv and oblivious to everyone around him' Lelouch, knocking you both to the floor as he quickly turned last minute, the quick motion only aiding in the tumble to the floor. Lelouch took most of the impact to his back, with you landing gracefully on top of him.