Jealousy - 9

~~~

Lelouch's thoughts raced as he held you in his arms. The feeling that was surging up inside him was far from anything he had felt before. His mind drifted to his motivations of protecting Nunnally... was this the same thing? 

No.

He thought. This was something very different. He felt his heart pound with each thought of you crossing his mind, feeling you cling to him as Zero sparked a change in him. He had to admit it to himself, this wasn't just about his goals and aspirations which he initially thought he could use you to achieve... he was intertwined with your very existence, his mind spiraling to any possible scenario where you could be happy, safe, protected by him.... and with him. But then there came the thought of how you acted around him when he was Lelouch... he wanted you to be in love with both personas... but he knew as things were now, he could only be your lover as Zero. 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Zero slowly stood up from the ground, keeping his arms around you. It had been silent for quite a few minutes as he lifted you from the ground with him. His arms slowly let go of you once you both were standing, making you quickly let go and back away. 

"I'm very sorry about that Sir, I should've just regained my composure... That was unprofessional of me..." You said, feeling the heat in your cheeks increase as you realized you had just thrown yourself on him, even if it was just a hug... Just a silly hug and nothing else....

"I don't mind, L/n." Zero said, glancing up at the ceiling as the intercom came on. He was needed as soon as possible for assissting the mission you had just backed out of. Zero turned to you after the announcement finished. "I'll inform them of the change of plans, you may leave early today." 

You nodded slowly, watching as Zero turned and walked out of the room. 

~~~~

About 1 week later...

~~~~

You yawned as you approached Ashford Academy. Last week's events were still fresh in your mind, as much as you tried to push the feelings away. That hug felt... different, you felt your face heat up just thinking about it. Zero didn't have to return that hug, in fact you expected him to push you off or something... but he didn't. You knew better than to overthink a small moment... but you couldn't help it when it was about Zero himself. 

You had returned to work each day as usual but had no interaction with Zero nor Tamaki and Ohgi, carrying out simple tasks, no grand missions had been planned since the Kai Reed situation.. You shuddered, just thinking about the name made you feel uneasy. 

Besides all the after-school drama, in school seemed dull, Lelouch hadn't showed up since the situation, you wondered if it was because of you... you doubted it. 

And like you summoned him with your very thoughts, you ran into the man himself. "Hey, what's up slacker?" You said with a grin seeing Lelouch's blank expression as he turned to look at you. "You've been gone for like a week? What's up with that..?" You walked alongside him as you both entered the school. 

Lelouch bit his lip before responding, the real reason he hadn't been attending school was because he couldn't think straight, exhausting any brain capacity he had while being Zero, and not having a moment outside of that without over analyzing you. "I was just working through some things unrelated to school." He said shortly, finding it hard to lie to you.

You elbowed him slightly. "Sounds like you have a pretty big secret slackerouge." You teased, "Care to tell me, since you already know mine?" You added with a sly grin. You felt at ease with him now, enough to crack such jokes.

"You've only told me what, not the circumstances for that decision." Lelouch let out a sigh, he pondered the idea of getting you to leave the Black knights at school, so that you would become less infatuated with his alter ego while he was away from school. At the same time, he enjoyed seeing the juxtaposition between how you acted around Zero, and the more bold side of your personality as you were comfortable with Lelouch... But he was jealous, jealous of Zero..... of himself.

Lelouch had stopped in the hallway, and you frowned at his response. "Why so curious?" You yawned, looking ahead as you noticed Rivalz barreling towards you. 

"Y/nnnnnnn!" Rivalz said, making Lelouch snap out of his thoughts and look up to observe the interaction. Rivalz grabbed onto your hands, spinning around with you in a circle. "We're going to have a welcome party for you, you've been nominated into the student council! Since you already hang around us all the time anyways." His cheeks were a light pink.

Lelouch frowned deeply at the look on Rivalz face, noticing his eyes drift momentarily towards your chest as you both spun around. It infuriated him, causing his eyebrow to slightly twitch. He took a deep breath before approaching the two of you and breaking you apart, grabbing onto your wrist with his hand gently. "That's great that she's joining the student council, now excuse us." Lelouch said shortly, pulling you along as he walked away quickly to a less used area of the school.

As you both slowed to a stop you looked up at him, seeing the heavy frown on his face. "So slacker, what's the deal? Don't want me on the student council or-" You began to say before Lelouch cut you off. "Of course I want you on the student council... I apologize for dragging you away like that, I must be out of my mind." He let out a sigh, letting go of your wrist slowly before beginning to walk away. Your eyebrows furrowed at this, he had pulled you away for a reason and you wanted to know why. 

"Nuh-uh, tell me.." You said, running up to the back of him, grabbing onto his arm to stop him and turn him to face you. It was then when you noticed his face was a light pink, he was looking anywhere but at your eyes. "O..oh..." You mumbled. "If it's about Rivalz, he admitted he liked me but I turned him down you know..." You let go of Lelouch's wrist, causing his eyes to finally look directly at you. 

"Why?" Lelouch asked, wanting to hear what he already knew... but he just wanted to hear you say it. 

"Well... I sort of, you know about the sketch and all of uhm... My job and stuff... and something sort of happened a week ago." You blushed turning your head away from Lelouch, something about his gaze felt like he was staring into your soul, like he knew everything about you... "I know it sounds weird, I probably shouldn't have told you."

"Something happened?" He raised his eyebrow, his pupils dialating. 'What could she possibly mean by that?' he thought. 'It surely couldn't have been the hug.... could it have been? Maybe it was purely even interacting with him as Zero?' his thoughts raced before you finally responded.

"I haven't been able to see him in a while, but last week I got to actually meet him..." You said, avoiding saying Zero, in case anyone snuck into the unused part of school you were in and overheard. 

"I see-" Lelouch began to respond before the bell rang signalling that the both of you were now indeed late for class.