Promotion - 7

Suzaku shifted uncomfortably, equally embarrassed on the scene he had just walked in on. "My apologies you two- I'll talk to you later Lelouch-" He turned around quickly walking back down the stairs before either of you could say a word. The sound of the door clicked shut and you looked towards Lelouch. You noticed his hand in his pocket hanging up on multiple calls that buzzed silently.

Which reminded you.... You looked down at your phone gasping at the time. You were supposed to be in uniform and reporting for duty 15 minutes ago. "Shit, I'm late for work-" You waved to Lelouch but paused as he cleared his throat, turning back to look at him.

"Work as in...?" Lelouch asked, knowing full well what your answer was going to be.

You shrugged. "Watch it Slackerouge, I have leverage on you now. Would be a shame if all the girls that have a crush on you found out about our kiss." You grinned rolling your eyes. You didn't get him.

"Right..." He said, glancing away from you. "You'd better get going, don't want to make your boss angry."

You grinned at his remarks. "Sure. We'll finish our discussion later." You waved as you quickly walked down the stairs

~~~

You quickly rushed as you pulled on your black knight uniform. What a day to be late, today was a bigger day than usual. Everyone was meeting in the meeting hall for a briefing on news, and potential updates on positions within the black knights. After exiting your small quarters you bumped into Belle who was waiting in the hallway. "Y/n, you're 30 minutes late... what if Zero already started speaking?"

You frowned sighing as you walked with Belle quickly towards the entrance to the meeting hall. "I got caught up with this guy at my school," you yawned. "If he made me miss out on hearing Zero speak, I'm going to make his life a living hell." You joked, quieting down as you both approached the meeting hall.

As you both walked in you heard a commotion. The buzz signifying that there was no one currently speaking. You walked over towards a fellow knight tapping them on the shoulder. "Hey, is it already over?" You questioned anxiously.

The guy laughed and shrugged. "Nope, Zero hasn't showed up yet. I heard Ohgi's been trying to contact him but kept getting sent to voicemail." The guy turned and went back to talking with his group of friends nearby. You sighed, turning back to Belle. "That's strange."

As you were about to comment on how that's unlike Zero, you heard that familiar automated voice ring out throughout the room. The entire crowd shushed, and you quickly whipped around to look towards the front. "Apologies for the wait, we shall now proceed." Zero said, whooshing his hand outwards

"As you all know, our goals are aligned with justice and the liberation of the Japanese people, I believe each and everyone in this room shares a motivation to achieve this." Zero continued to speak, and you watched mesmerized as you watched him speak.

He continued. "Now, recently we have had many people recruited, and I do have a few new division changed to announce." Zero began to read off a few names, some for some lower divisions, even promoting a few people from the custodial division.

Zero's voice paused for a moment, almost as if he was covering up a stutter. "And last but not least, y/n l/n, promoted from the custodial division to the Intelligence division."

Some of the people around you turned, some mumbled. Your eyes were wide with shock. Intelligence? That division was rank 3, one of the highest ranking sections of the black knights. You had only been here for a few months... what had provoked this? Was it possible Zero spoke of the conversation he had with you the other day?

You shook your head, snapping out of your thoughts as Belle gave you a big congratulatory hug. "This is awesome y/n! Guess that one on one conversation you had with him left an impression..." She smirked, letting go of you. Your face flushed as you both turned to exit the room with everyone else. "Oh please.. nothing happened." You replied.

You wish something would have... "They're going to demote me once they realize I'm also a fangir-" You paused noticing Ohgi near the exit, he motioned you over. Belle shoved you a little. "Go on, I'll see you later yeah?"

You smiled nodding and quickly walking over.

"Commander Ohgi" You straightened your posture, standing in the typical solider way when addressing a superior.

He gave you a small nod. "Y/n, follow me and I'll give you a tour of your division." As you followed him and passed through the gates to the more secure areas of the black knight's base your heart rate increased. Ohgi stopped abruptly, and since you were following shortly behind him, you stumbled, bumping into him and falling on your ass. "Ah, I'm sorry-" You mumbled, looking up.

Zero approached the both of you, you hadn't noticed but he was speaking with a group of knights on the other side of the storage area you were in. "L/n, seems you have a habit of falling." He reached out his hand to help you up. Your face flushed, taking ahold of his hand and standing as he helped you up.

"I'm sorry sir-.." You looked down at the ground.

"hmm.. I'll show them to the intelligence division from here Ohgi." Zero turned, walking into the next room and you followed shortly behind. "I... never got to say what an honor it was to be able to speak to you yesterday sir... and now this promotion.."

Zero stopped in the empty hallway you were walking through right in front of a large door. "I'd like you to meet some of my best men for now, before starting your work."

You gulped, nodding, noticing that the door you stood before was actually the private lounge for all high ranks. You followed shortly behind Zero, looking around as you walked in.

"Zero, buddy!" Tamaki shouted as you both entered the room, his eyes quickly drifting towards you at Zero's side. "Who's this?" He questioned as you and Zero both walked towards the table where a few other people sat and talked. You both took a seat, Zero sitting across from you in his special seat, motioning for you to sit near Tamaki.

"This is the newest recruit in the intelligence division, y/n l/n.... L/n, this is Tamaki." Zero stated

Tamaki's eyes brightened at the mention of your name. "Y/n eh? I've heard a lot about you from Zero." He grinned, looking at you. Your face flushed. What was that supposed to mean. "Oh, really?" You said, swallowing the frog in your throat.

"Yeah..." Tamaki noticed the blush on your face. "so, tell me what you think of him"

Zero cut in "Tamaki, please." Underneath the mask, lelouch's face flushed a light pink, remembering the image in your sketchbook he had seen.

"Nah, cmon I want to know... you've got the hots for him don't cha'?" Tamaki said, leaning closer to you. You felt your embarrassment increase 10 fold as you backed up from Tamaki.

"I-..." You said, pausing, feeling your cheeks heat up. This couldn't get any worse.