The Sketch - 4

~~~

Lelouch felt his stomach twist as he walked quickly away from the room y/n was in. 'How did she know that?' He thought, recalling how so easily y/n had pinpointed his motives, even if it was just a vague idea. Tamaki approached Zero with his usual grin as he entered the room. 

"Zero, my buddy! How've you been" Tamaki shouted happily, to which Zero did not answer. Diethard called out "Tamaki, leave the poor guy alone."

The door opened behind Lelouch, and Ohgi entered. "I took her back to her division like you asked Zero," giving a thumbs up as he walked into the room, stopping at Zero's side. 

"Thank you, Ohgi." Lelouch replied, nodding his head before walking over and sitting on his chair. Tamaki and Ohgi followed shortly after, sitting in a few of the other seats. Diethard sat in the corner, monitoring some news story.

"May I ask something, Zero? Im just wondering..." Ohgi paused, looking towards Zero before receiving a nod. "What did you talk with y/n l/n about? And the sudden interest..." 

Tamaki raised an eyebrow. "Zero can talk to any of the ladies he wants and isn't inclined to tell you" He butted in, unnecessarily. 

"No, Ohgi's right. I discussed the skills that were written down on her enlistment with the Black Knights. I have no idea who she is, and will not be pursuing the topic further." Lelouch said, biting his tongue underneath his mask. He was perplexed, but he had to find out her other motives another way.... and not as Zero. 

~~~~

You yawned, walking through the halls of Ashford Academy. Yesterday had been a mentally draining day, but in a good way? You were happy that you finally met Zero, but embarassed more than anything else. The man himself would probably completely forget the interaction, but it was nice to feel special even if it was only for a minute. 

"Good afternoon y/n," Lelouch approached you in the hallway, walking alongside you. 

You dismissed your thoughts looking up at the slacker with a raised eyebrow. "Huh? Oh good afternoon slacker." You grinned at the small frown that graced Lelouch's face at the nickname that you wouldn't drop. 

"Would you cut that out, I'm not that much of a slacker.." He said in a lighthearted tone, looking at your face as the two of you stopped in front of one of the big windows in the school. 

"Thats a funny joke Lamperouge, but I'm still going to call you slacker." you nudged his shoulder before turning to see Rivelz in the distance. 

"Heyyyy you two! What's cracking?" Rivelz said with a smile as he finally reached you. You all exchanged a few words, until the bell rang, and you all parted ways to head to your classes. You noticed Lelouch's eyes were on you the entire time, not looking at Rivelz once, except for when he showed up. 

~~~

School was a blur, and you honestly were pretty zoned out for the rest of your classes. You looked down at your sketchbook, you had drawn a picture of Zero during your final class of the day. You couldn't help but do it, as your last class was math and hearing the number over and over again only made you think about him more. 

You heard the bell rang, and covered your sketch up slightly with your hand. You wouldn't get in trouble for the drawing, but you also didn't want any rumors to start about you at school. It was bad enough that your family had forced you into attending, and you didn't want to take any chances.

As everyone exited the class, the room was empty, or so you thought. You let your guard down, leaning back in your seat as you cleaned up the sketch of Zero you had been working on. "Nice drawing, is that Zero the man on television?" Lelouch's voice sent a wave of anxiety shooting through you, you quickly shut your sketchbook. 

"Oh, yeah... I was just thinking about the news coverage on him from the other day." You mumbled, you weren't fully lying, that had been one of the thoughts that had crossed your mind while drawing. 

"I think what he's doing is actually something that needs to be done." Lelouch said, pulling a chair over to the desk you sat at. You perked up at his response, he wasn't going to ridicule you for drawing the leader of the Black Knights. Part of you wanted to blab about how you agreed and the classroom was empty, it was just you two, but you were still hesitant.

Lelouch noticed your hesitation and wanted to break through it. He leaned closer to you, poking at the cover of the sketchbook. "Can I see the drawing? It looked really good from what I saw, I just want a better look." He looked at you in the eyes and you smiled a little. 

"Sure-" You grabbed your sketchbook, turning to the page with the sketch. "Dont tell anyone, but I really think he's great." You said, the smile slightly growing on your face as Lelouch looked at the drawing.

'Bingo' Lelouch thought. This was his way to get you into talking more about Zero... and eventually finding out what your true story was. 

"I wouldn't tell anyone.... and, this drawing is very well done, have you done any others of him?" Lelouch said, smiling at you as he flipped the page of the sketchbook.

To your horror, the next page in your sketchbook was a drawing of you being kissed by zero. In the drawing, his hand lifted his mask up just enough to hide his face and still be able to plant a kiss on your lips. 

In a split second, you grabbed your sketchbook from Lelouch, slamming it shut. You felt your cheeks flush, 'god, this is embarrassing,' you thought. 

Lelouch paused before he spoke, you glanced at him slowly as he began to talk. "That's what you meant by thinking he's great-" you could tell there was a light shade of pink on Lelouch's cheeks, you assumed was from the embarrassment of seeing such a drawing. 

You cut him off mid sentence. "What? No! I mean yes, I think he's great but that's not what I meant!" You said, feeling your face flush red. 

Lelouch laughed at your frustration. "You seem to like him a lot, don't worry... I definitely wouldn't hold it against you." He said, scratching his head.