The Kiss - 10

Lelouch sat in class, his mind drifting far from thinking about anything school related. He sat right behind you in this class, which didn't help his case much at all. He desperately wanted to interact with you as Zero, but he knew if he started indulging in his thoughts, he wouldn't be able to stop... and that would potentially expose his identity.

Of course, he thought of telling you, but his mind went through at least 19 different ways you could respond to that, over half of them being you completely ignoring and avoiding him in some way. He wanted to make you happy as Lelouch, but the way things were going now, you seemed to stomp out any romantic feelings towards Lelouch because of your interest in his other persona, Zero.

Lelouch didn't know it, and neither did you of course, but he was exactly right. You indeed found yourself thinking of Lelouch in a more romantic way, but stopped yourself before you could develop any feelings or 'fall in love.' You were naive like that, being loyal to a man who wore a mask and wouldn't reciprocate your feelings.

Lelouch tilted his head as he thought of that sketch you kept bringing up, he wanted to know what other things you imagined... He would have to find out himself as Zero...... But when? 

~~~~

You got dressed into your black knights uniform within the designated area on base. You adjusted the purple visor that fell over your eyes, thinking about the conversation you had about Zero. You felt like a child, the way you were acting. Belle ran up to you slapping you on the back, you hadn't seen her since last week either, partially because you now worked in the intelligence division and she was still in custodial. "Belle! Long time no see huh?" you said with a smile, finishing buttoning up your uniform.

"Soooo.... it's been a minute, have you made him fall in love with you yet?" Belle said with a grin. You gasped at the audacity she had. "You can't be talking about Zero, have you seen me? There's no way I could ever do something like that Belle, don't get my hopes up!" You laughed softly as you both walked out of the room you were in and into the hallway that lead to the custodial area. 

"Oh come on.... that's such lie, no one just meets with Zero one on one like that...Thats a once in a lifetime moment y/n.." She added making you grin wildly. "Actually, make that twice in a lifetime." You said proudly, making Belle gasp. 

"What? Wait... tell me now... was it after your promotion?" Belle's eyes filled with curiosity. "Yes, and after embarrassing myself I dug the nail in a coffin by hugging him... and he hugged me back, but I haven't seen him since last week so..." You said, lowering your voice as you blushed thinking about it. "Lets go back to when you said I was getting your hopes up... I don't think he's going around hugging just anyone..." She said, giggling. 

"Sureeee, whatever. I don't think I'll ever have that sort of opportunity again." You rolled your eyes and sighed as you both walked into the custodial area, it had been a minute since you walked around.

You saw a face in the distance that you definitely didn't want to see. Tamaki... 

You stood next to Belle as she checked in. Tamaki glanced in your direction and a wide grin grew on his face as he locked eyes with you. "Yo, y/n where you been?" He said, stopping what he was doing with the new recruits and walking towards you. "Zero misses you" He said, his teasing antics knew no end. Belle shot you a wide eyed glance as Tamaki approached you.