Ashford Academy - 12

The morning air that surrounded Ashford academy was different... for you at least. You had stayed up later than you normally would after work, pondering what that kiss could mean. Just thinking about it made you feel giddy. Did Zero actually reciprocate your feelings, or was it just a fluke...? You needed to be sure... you wanted to see him again, maybe it wasn't as much of wishful thinking as you thought....

As you walked inside the building, you stared at the ground, thinking about what you should do or say when you saw Zero again... "y/n" Lelouch called out, leaning against the wall near the entrance of the school as if he was waiting for you. You smiled walking over to him. "Sup?" You said, his eyes lighting up as you approached him. 

"We have our first class together right? Lets start heading that way so we're not late again." You said with a small giggle. Lelouch's eyes narrowed. "Im afraid I only came in today to make sure I am excused for the rest of the week, so I'm just about to leave." He said, keeping his eyes on you almost as if he was waiting to analyze your every move. "Oh I see..." You replied shortly, looking away from him. It was silly but you didn't want to tease him as much anymore, you knew it was naive to stop after one kiss from another guy just because your teasing was generally flirty...

Lelouch reached his hand out, flicking your chin up softly. "Saving your teasing for someone else? I was sure I'd never hear the end of it after telling you that." edges of his lips curved into a slight smirk as he watched your cheeks durn to a dusty pink. "So what, I'm just reserving my energy for work actually." You said, which was the truth... just generalized. 

"Oh,  you'd better keep your word then." Lelouch said, walking past you as he waved slightly, exiting through the doors and disappearing out of your sight. You stood in the hallway confused... "keep my word.... huh..." You must be going delusional, all that thought about Zero and the kiss was making you imagine things, but you could've sworn the way Lelouch spoke was so analytical... just like Zero. 

~~~

As you sat through your first few classes, you couldn't help but think about Lelouch and Zero. It was a funny feeling. You knew you had a deep infatuation with Zero, and Lelouch was reminding you of the way Zero acted... maybe it was just your brain trying to compensate... "Attention all students, Ashford Academy is now on high alert. Classes are cancelled and students must remain within the building for the time being." The intercom blared, Milly Ashford had made the announcement. 

The teacher's eyes widened as they glanced at the email on their computer. "What's going on?" You asked, the first to speak up loudly admist all the whispers of confusion. The teacher's face had a sour expression on it. "We're in a zone of potential conflict... Zero and the black knights are currently making a move against Cornelia and the royal guard nearby."  The teacher said, turning on the tv that was mounted to the wall in the front of the room. 

The news began blaring just that, causing you to have a pit in your stomach. You weren't aware of any plans that would take action today? Had you missed a briefing... or... No, this had to be something instigated by the Britannians within the past few hours, thats the only way something like this could happen without all Black Knights being notified. Snapping you out of your thoughts was a brief zoom in on Zero on the news coverage that blarred on the television. 

They were nearby... the surroundings being just a few minutes from Ashford Academy... A thousand questions spiraled in your mind as you zoned out, ignoring the gossip and cries of student's around you that were terrified. Your phone buzzed, snapping you back into the moment. 

It was an unknown number... You took a deep breath, thankful you were towards the back of the classroom and nobody was paying you any mind. "Hello?" You picked up. "You attend Ashford Academy, correct?" Zero's voice rang through your ears. "Yes.... I-" You replied, before Zero cut you off. "Don't compromise yourself, we're planning on using Ashford as a base, until we get situated, standby." His voice cut out as he hung up, leaving you in a slight shock as your eyes darted around the room to make sure nobody had been eavesdropping. 

"y/n, this sure is scary isnt it?" rivalz said, walking from across the room towards you, sitting down in the vacant spot that normally Lelouch would fill. "Yeah, but I'm not scared." You said, biting your lip as you wondered what was going to happen next. "Dang, I wish I had your guts, I'm just worried that we'll get tangled within Zero's conspiracy or whatever is going on here.." You shot a dirty look at Rivalz for a second before catching yourself. "Well, we're only in standby, maybe they wont head this way...."

You heard a loud bang erupt through the building just as the words left your mouth, causing Rivalz to jump, along with a few screams from people in your class, most of the people in your class had fled to a new room, regardless of the teacher's yells to stay here.. The lights began to flicker before cutting out entirely, sending a chill down your spine. 

Suddenly, the doors were kicked open, a few black knights entering lead by Tamaki. "Alright, listen up! This school is being used as a base for the black knights, everybody must answer to us." He said, holding his gun tightly. "We dont have to listen to you, you're just a bunch of lousy terrorists!" Rivalz said, walking towards Tamaki. You mentally face palmed. "Why you-!" Tamaki said, raising his gun. Your eyes widened, darting up from your seat and pushing Rivalz away. 

Now you stood in front of him and his gun. "!!Tama-" Your voice rang out, before the door slammed open once again, alerting Tamaki and the other knights there. "Thats enough. I specifically told you all students must remain unharmed." Zero walked towards the both of you, now realizing it was you who stood between Tamaki and Rivalz. 

The other students watched, mortified, some hiding underneath desks. You didn't know what to do now.... 

Lelouch was furious, underneath his mask he gritted his teeth. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched as Tamaki lowered his gun that had still been pointing at you... He clenched his fists, fueled with emotions that ranged from anger to fear of what could've happened to you.

In that moment, you assumed that Tamaki had realized who you were, his face going pale. "Yes of course Zero." He said, backing up from you. The class watched in fear as you stood perfectly still next to the masked man as they cowered away. "You." Zero said, turning to face you. "Come with me." Your eyes widened, what was he thinking--... 

You nodded slowly. "o-ok..." But of course, Rivalz jumped up, grabbing onto your arm. "No y/n, you don't have to- it's dangerous-" 

Tamaki shot a glance towards Zero, wondering what could possibly be going through the man's mind in that moment.

Zero grabbed onto your other arm, pulling you away from Rivalz and towards him. "She will be safe, as will all of you." Lelouch spat inside his mask, his tone full of distaste and anger, maybe even a hint of jealousy... he knew he was being reckless, but how could he not when it came to you?

You felt your face flush as Zero pulled you away, his grip around your arm not wavering as he exited the room with him, you bit your lip, moving your arm ever so slighty, causing Zero's hand to slide onto yours, essentially making him hold your hand. Tamaki soon followed, leaving the post in that room up to a few other knights. "I had no idea it had gotten this far you two..." Tamaki said as he noticed the gesture you instigated with Zero.  "...and I'm sorry for not recognizing you at first y/n" he added, keeping his voice low.