Confrontation - 5

~~~

You awkwardly packed up your things, embarrassed that Lelouch had seen the drawing. He seemed different around you, as compared to people from the student council, but you decided to chalk it up to you potentially both sharing a common interest in Zero. 

You couldn't lie, you wanted to continue talking to Lelouch about the Black Knights, but what would he do if he found out you were a member yourself? You shook your head. Lelouch had left for the student council room, leaving you in an empty classroom with your thoughts. 

You got up, walking towards the student council room yourself, you had a few hours before you were required to go to the Black Knights base for duties. As you walked through the door, Rivalz, Milly, Shirley, and Nunnally sat around a table laughing as they sorted through papers. 

"Y/n!" Rivalz shouted as he stood up and waved for you to come sit by him. 

"Hey! Is the slacker not here?" You questioned, walking over to sit next to Rivalz. As you mentioned Lelouch, Shirley's eyes darted towards you then back towards her work. 

"He stepped away momentarily to take a call, he seemed especially easy to embarrass today, like he had something on his mind..." Rivalz said with a sly grin, glancing at you and then nudging your shoulder.

"You wouldn't have something to do with that, wouuuuuld ya' y/n?" Rivalz said while continuing to sort through some papers on the desk.

You bit your lip, was he that embarrassed of the drawing? Maybe. You know you were. Maybe he liked Zero more than he let on, you thought. "No, of course not, just seems like he's upset because he hasn't been skipping class today. What's with that anyways?" You questioned, wondering why he was attending almost everything. 

You kept bumping into him now, in the strangest of moments at school. You didn't hate the idea, he was nice to be around... but it just felt strange to become friendly with him of all people. You understood being friends with almost everyone else in the student council but...

"Well, who knows. Maybe he lucked out with his gambling." Shirley said, cutting into the conversation as she hastily did her work at the same time.

~~~~

Lelouch stood on the rooftop of the school, holding his head in his hand trying to process the information he had gotten out of you. 'Is it possible that y/n just admires Zero... and that's why she's with the black knights' he thought, contemplating the idea that you had lied about having other reasons when he talked to you as Zero. He regained his composure, grinning to himself about the drawing. That was definitely unexpected.

Lelouch was still heavily interested in your story. He would have to keep his eye on you in school, and as Zero... but he couldn't interact with her like he did yesterday when he was with her alone in the lounge room... and he needed to regain his composure after seeing that drawing. He had no choice but to be short with you till he formulated a plan.

Lelouch walked back into the school, and towards the student council room. 

~~~

As you bickered back and forth with Rivalz, you heard the door open, turning your head to look. "Hey its Lelouch Slackerouge!" You said with a laugh, you had unwinded while chatting with the others, moving on from the embarrassment you had felt earlier.

Lelouch didn't look in your direction, instead smiling slightly and looking towards Shirley, avoiding looking at you. "Hey everyone, sorry im late-"

"At least you showed up Lulu, you need to take your duties as a member of the student council more seriously!" Shirley said, motioning for Lelouch to sit next to her. As he began to sit down, you stared in his direction. You wanted to talk to him more about Zero now that you had recovered from your embarrassment, but he was acting different again.

Lelouch paused before he sat down, feeling his phone ring. You noticed the light in his eyes change. "Lulu, what type of ringtone is that! You usually use the default one." Shirley said with a laugh.

Lelouch cleared his throat, grabbing the phone out of his pocket then in a split second he glanced in your direction, only to notice you were already looking and quickly broke the eye contact looking away. "Ah, I'm sorry.. I didn't realize what time it was, I really need to take this. I'll catch up on my work tomorrow." Lelouch said, walking out of the room.

Shirley and the others frowned but shrugged, laughing as they all began discussing his gambling and tardiness as they worked together. You sat, wondering what that had been about. You couldn't shake the curiosity and slight frustration. You sat up from your seat quickly.

"I'm not feeling too good, I'll see you guys tomorrow." You said, leaving the room before anyone had the chance to say anything. You walked towards the stairs that led to the roof of the school. You wanted a minute to just think. "Jeez, what's with him?" You mumbled to yourself as you walked onto the roof. 

You heard the beep of a phone call ending, and you noticed Lelouch was up there as well causing you to freeze. "Oh, y/n, hey there. I'm just leaving" Lelouch said as he stuffed his phone in his pocket. You raised an eyebrow as he quickly began to walk passed you and towards the doorway back inside the school.

You grabbed his arm, making him pause, but remain still and continued looking forward. "Wait, I wanted to talk to you." Your face turned to a frown as he remained silent and still. 

You turned him to face you, placing your hand on his chest and lightly pushing him back towards to the wall, to which he walked backwards until his back hit the wall. "What is it?" He finally said after a few moments of silence. 

"You're strange, you know that? What's with you?" You raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged. "I get that a lot." 

"Is this about Zero? Did you lie about your thoughts on him earlier so you're judging me because I think he's a good person?" Your eyes narrowed in a defensive glance. 

"I'm just confused... why do you think so highly of him, you're a brittanian student." Lelouch said, looking off to the side of you, avoiding eye contact or looking at you at all. 

You felt anger course through your veins at his remarks. "You don't know anything about me Lelouch Lamperouge." you grabbed the collar of his uniform, pulling him closer to you. "I'm not here by choice. My whole life is a lie." 

Lelouch's face was inches from yours, your act had forced him to look you in the eyes. You narrowed your eyes and furrowed your eyebrows. 

"How do I know you're not lying right now? If you've lived a lie your whole life." Lelouch said, locking his eyes with yours. Something about him felt different... again.